Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $66 For SMACX!?

Whoa.
    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

I wouldn't pay that much for it new.
    Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

ahhh-- worth every penny
      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Worth that and much more. SMAC is one of those rare games that has a solid core group of players who will continue to play it for years to come.

Comment

Why not just buy it from England? I paid £12 for it!

Comment

i paid about $10 for it, but the shipping from the states ended up costing more than the game its self!

Comment

I picked one up from England this fall for 7$. Right after that they ran out of stock.
              He's got the Midas touch.
              But he touched it too much!
              Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

I bought it when it came out, then had it borrowed out of existence, and had to rebuy, I paid somewhere in the $60 range.

Comment

I lost my copy of SMAX and found a copy of Planetary Pack on an online auction for about 15 pounds.

Worth looking into.
                  "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Originally posted by Sikander
                    I picked one up from England this fall for 7$. Right after that they ran out of stock.
                    Software First? That's where I got my copy. And I think they're now out of business, their web site links no longer work.

Comment

I got my smax free with smac
                      Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

Its 60 bucks here in UT.
                        Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                        Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Originally posted by Willem

Software First? That's where I got my copy. And I think they're now out of business, their web site links no longer work.
                          Yep. I followed the link from the bottom of this very page. I was turning a friend on to the game, and found AC for cheap at the store, and SMAX at software first. Too bad if they are out of business, they got it to me in a few days for a very reasonable price.
                          He's got the Midas touch.
                          But he touched it too much!
                          Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

err you can download SMACX not Alpha Centauri from the Underdogs site..for free the site has many games for download were the company allows ....If Firaxis complained theyd have removed it

Comment

I've been looking for it over months now, without much luck... I remember a long time ago, before I even had the original game, one of our local Dixons sold it for 30 guilder, which €14 or $14... A shame they don't have it anymore.

I've sent an e-mail to a special shop that has helped me before with some games I couldn't find anywhere. I'm hoping to receive a reply early next week whether they can get hold of it or not.

Though I'm not willing to pay something like €66 for it

Comment

Working...
                              X