xp patch europe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xp patch europe

i also have the german version :-(. but i haven't been able to play the game for absolutely ages, even though it was my favorite game i played it for ages, made my own faction and played it till i won nearly every game. but then we bought xp and it didn't work anymore. so i uninstalled it bought myself civ3. which is a great game, but i still miss alpha centauri sometimes. and just then i saw a patch for xp! but it said us english! if i change the language can i then use that patch? (well i think i'll just try it, don't have anything to lose, do i?)
    but if any of you know of a european patch can you tell me please?

i installed all the patches and compatibility updates. now it loads but says my pentium 4 is not supported. it says somewhere on this site how to change that. but my Alpha Centauri.Ini is, empty all it says is:

[Alpha Centauri]
    Language=2

that's all
    Last edited by Emma; January 11, 2003, 09:36.

Comment

i suppose i was just very impatient. sorry, i found the answer in another thread. i didn't know that the Alpha Centauri.ini file is only created after playing the game.

but: the stupid game won't let me play! it just locks up after i press ok or cancel when the cpu message come up. what can i do? try and steal a .ini message from the setup of my old pc?
      Last edited by Emma; January 11, 2003, 09:48.

Comment

Try getting the No CD Crack. I had exactly the same problem after I upgraded to P4, and the game's worked fine ever since I put that in.
        Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos

Comment

thanks that helped! i could get the expansion working in the end but not the original. now they both work. i'm glad i can play smac again. i missed catching mindworms as the greens and attacking the believers

Comment

Working...
          X