SMACall to arms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMACall to arms

For all it's worth, in the Other Games Forum there's a thread for the ACS Game top List....

And SMAC is rated lower than CtP...
    I don't exactly know what I mean by that, but I mean it (Holden Caulfield)

What? My favorite game of all time is lower than that crappy imitation of civ? AAARRRGGHHH!!!

I'm going to vote for SMAC.

edit: doh! I forgot that I already had voted for SMAC...
    Last edited by Alex; December 17, 2002, 09:49.
    I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

I've never played CTP. Sadly, I think I DID actually buy it at one point, but never got around to installing it.
      Infograme: n: a message received and understood that produces certain anger, wrath, and scorn in its recipient. (Don't believe me? Look up 'info' and 'grame' at dictionary.com.)

Comment

I played it a few times when it came out and got so frustrated by the utter illogic of the gameplay and UI, I never touched it again.

Smac is a hundred times better.
        "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

Voted.
          (+1)

Comment

Originally posted by FNBrown
            I've never played CTP. Sadly, I think I DID actually buy it at one point, but never got around to installing it.
            LOL, same by me!
            I THINK I have a "vague" memory that I did buy it at one point, can't recall why, but in case, I probably didn't even unwrap it when I got at home!!!

Comment

SMAC rocks beyond imagination and immitation. And is not as buggy.

Comment

I bought CtP, played it for an evening, and exchanged it for SMAC.

I bought CtP 2 a month ago because people said it was amazingly moddable.

I still haven't found a way of modding it to my satisfaction but that will come later I hope.
                "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Originally posted by Alinestra Covelia

I still haven't found a way of modding it to my satisfaction but that will come later I hope.
                  Well what do you want to do?
                  Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                  CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                  One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Originally posted by Alinestra Covelia
                    I bought CtP, played it for an evening, and exchanged it for SMAC.

In your opinion, what is better, SMAC, civ3 or CtP2?

Comment

Originally posted by aahz_capone

In your opinion, what is better, SMAC, civ3 or CtP2?
                      I know you're not actually asking MY opinion, but here it is anyway:

SMAC is a finished product. Richly detailed and highly playable.

Civ3 is still incomplete. I do think it could be a great game when they finish patching it. Could have been better, and I think if there's a future for TBS games, it's what we have to build from.

Never played CTP2. If I can get it cheap, maybe I'll give it a shot.
                      Infograme: n: a message received and understood that produces certain anger, wrath, and scorn in its recipient. (Don't believe me? Look up 'info' and 'grame' at dictionary.com.)

Comment

CtP2 out of the box is even more incomplete than Civ3, thats not to say theres alot of bugs in it, most of the bugs in it most people wont see, but if you delve into the files you can see how much they had planned for it, but never had time.

At least they had the foresight to make SLIC language and all the documentation available to everyone and such an open file structure for editing every little detail.

If CtP2 was as inflexible as Civ3 then i might be playing SMAX now. I still have it installed, but mostly for pinching graphics and stuff from.

My votes went to CtP1/2 because of the modding possibilities, and that includes the mods currently available.
                        Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                        CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                        One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

I like both CTP2 and SMAC, but for a chocie between the two the nod goes to SMAC. But to merely say CTP2 is a good game is high praise considering the company it keeps (i.e. SMAC).

It certainly beats hands down the atrocity known as CIV3 and for a strictly historical TBS game as far as I'm concerend the best offering so far in the CIV series (with an acknowledgement to CIV2 as being a great game for its time).
                          "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

So, you mean I should seriously consider to finally unwrap the copy of CtP2 I bought long time ago?

I have a problem tho: I HATE modding...

Comment

Originally posted by MariOne

I have a problem tho: I HATE modding...
                              Then don't do it. Just download the mods created by others... which, by the way, are varied and excellent!
                              I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Working...
                              X