Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proposal to Merge Some of the AC Forums

Comrades

It appears that the Creation and Fiction forums are dead on their feet and General is flagging a bit as well. I wondered whether we would be better off with merged forums as the extra traffic could have the effect of bringing some life into the merged forum.

Please respond to the poll and let us know what you think. Also please comment in the thread and let us have the benefit of your ideas to keep this sub-forum healthy and happy...
    Leave well alone and change nothing
    33.96%
    Merge AC General AC Fiction and AC Creation
    16.98%
    Merge AC General and AC Creation but leave AC Fiction alone
    24.53%
    Merge AC Creation and AC Fiction but leave AC general Alone
    15.09%
    I don't care (Banana option)
    9.43%
    (+1)

I'm sorry its a multilple poll. Can a mod fix this?
    Last edited by spartak; December 14, 2002, 15:23.
    (+1)

Comment

Try a PM

Methinks it would be better to start a new poll altogether

What comes to the point at hand, I see no reason why not... BAC can survive on a subforum with many other threads, I think. Might even attract new people. Same with creation. SMAC is, as sad as it is, yesterday.
      Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Am I missing something? BAC? Wots that?

AS far as a new thread goes, I'm inclined to leave it for the moment, we get precious few visitors and those that do will probably get the idea...
        (+1)

Comment

Am I missing something? BAC? Wots that?
          Wild guess: Beyond Alpha Centauri, the only (huge) topic what is active on fiction now.

EDIT: I was thinking of fiction but used "creation" instead. My apologies (and yes, I'm sorry for spelling)
          Last edited by RGBVideo; December 14, 2002, 20:28.

Comment

that's fiction.

Comment

I voted for merging Creation and General. But, whatever.
              I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Thank you all for your votes but keep them coming...
                (+1)

Comment

And it would nice to have the views of somwe of the big hitters here.

MariOne - I saw you posting but no contribution to this process...
                  (+1)

Comment

I voted for merging all. I don't think it would hurt, and some concentration of resources might help.

Comment

that's definately a bad idea. the fiction threads would be lost in general, and multiplaying would be just confuse everyone. then there's the DG...

Comment

I told my opinnion in that other thread.
                        My Words Are Backed With Bad Attitude And VETERAN KNIGHTS!

Comment

I'm agreeing with Kass. THE only survivng multiple author AC-Fiction thread (i.e. BAC) can survive in a subforum. Might give more traffic for the story.
                          Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                          Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                          *****Citizen of the Hive****
                          "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

There have been no suggestions to merge the MP or DG forums as they have enough traffic to standalone.

I'm not sure I understand about a subforum. Could someone explain for me? Thanks.
                            (+1)

Comment

But if AC-fiction is not kept apart, then some of the organization threads can be easily lost... but then again... if this rate of posting keeps up... there's nothing to fear :sad: oh well
                              -->Visit CGN!
                              -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Working...
                              X