X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Phil Defer
    i have tried to add this and unfortunately it still doesn't work

has anyone already had this problem ? sorry for my bad english
    One other suggestion: If you haven't already done so, wait a long time at the point where the program freezes. Every once in a while, my copy of SMAX will appear to hang at startup. The keyboard and mouse won't respond. I would power off and restart. However, I found that if I waited for 5 minutes or longer, the program would eventually "wake up" and continue normally. If I had enough patience, I would follow jonhdmuller's excellent suggestions to try to fix this.

Anyway, it's worth a shot.

Petek
    "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
    -- Kosh

Comment

thank you for your help, i will try all your propositions
      My forum in Fr. : www.forum21.fr.st
      In English : http://forum.aceboard.net/forum2.php?rub=4223&cat=37417&login=1130

Comment

I spoke foolishly too soon above. Yes I did get a shared win in the above mentioned war, with no crash, but today I just got a terran.exe typical crash at the thinker level at about Y2370, was playing iron man so I couldtn't go back more than two turns and couldn't avoid it buy trying the stuff that helps at the first several levals. Had patch 4, had ForceOldv..ect, had the new Fireaxis patch and the darn scanner was behaving.

Comment

Originally posted by Kajak
          I spoke foolishly too soon above. Yes I did get a shared win in the above mentioned war, with no crash, but today I just got a terran.exe typical crash at the thinker level at about Y2370, was playing iron man so I couldtn't go back more than two turns and couldn't avoid it buy trying the stuff that helps at the first several levals. Had patch 4, had ForceOldv..ect, had the new Fireaxis patch and the darn scanner was behaving.
          Were you playing SMAC or SMAX? I found that SMAX works fine when I don't install the v.4 SMAC patch on my new XP machine.
          He's got the Midas touch.
          But he touched it too much!
          Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

?? SMAX upgrades SMAC to V4.0 upon installation.

Comment

[QUOTE] Originally posted by Sikander

Were you playing SMAC or SMAX?

SMACl

I't's a couple hours later and I see that I don't as yet know how to take a quote correctly, sorry.

Went back and tried to do what I could in the two turns available before the crash, cut all the build list of my 33 bases to one or two items and made piece with hive and peacekeepers.
              { I know, at thinker lever it would only buy me a few turns). This sort of keeping your head down was the key to winning at the first several levels, albeit only as transcend, while avoided the terran.exe crash that still seems to be triggered by lots of pieces running around in all directiuons.
              Seems to have worked, I've, so far, got this puppy up about 70 more turns so far.

None the less, either I've got a singular problem with my machine or the newest fireaxis patch doesn't solve this problem.
              Last edited by Kajak; November 15, 2002, 22:28.

Comment

Working...
              X