• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• permanently changing new map settings/preferences

I would like to permanently change certain settings like

- allows have spoils of war on
    - never have blind research on

There are also in-game preferences that you can set, but these always revert back to the defaults when you start a new game. Is there any way to change this?

Try adding the following line to to your AlphaCentauri.ini file:

DontResetBeginnerPrefs=1

This should work if you're playing on Citizen level AND have the latest patch.

Hope this helps.

Petek
    "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
    -- Kosh

Comment

It doesn't do what I want it to, and I don't play on citizen either :/ Anyone else?

Comment

As far as I know the Spoils of War and Blind Research settings stay the same as they were the last game you started, at least in SP. Playing from a scenario or PBEM may override your current settings with those from the scenario.

Also AFAIK, the in-game settings stay the same (as you last changed them), although they are sometimes overridden by PBEM kinds of things, either from the underlying scenario or (more annoying perhaps) by the other players changes to the settings.

There may be variations to this behavior in the earlier versions of the game (if your patch level is not SMAC v4 or SMAX v2).

Comment

So I have to actually 'finish' the game, not just quit out of it? That would explain it then. Most of the time I get so powerful that I know I'm going to win that I simply quit the game.

I'm also running the latest patches as well as you indicated.
          Last edited by egervari; November 10, 2002, 14:13.

Comment

Originally posted by egervari
            So I have to actually 'finish' the game, not just quit out of it?
            No: you don't have to finish a game, just save it, and your preferences are then saved for your next gamestart.

If you just quit, then you're back to base zero, with the last save coming up again (the defaults that you metioned that you wanted out of)

G.

Comment

double post

Comment

Working...
              X