Sound Problem with Voices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound Problem with Voices

I have a problem with Alpha Centauri (not the expansion, just the origional terran.exe) with the sound of voices. Sometimes it works (I would say 20% of the time) and other times there is static. Also, when I can here a lot of static, sometimes I here 2 voices of the same mp3 file, but one is lagged (I suspect that this might be the cause of the static in the first place). I have a Sound blaster live! and everything else works great. I was just wondering if anyone else had this problem and knew how to fix it. I'm running version 4.0 of the game.

Oh, and I'm running Windows XP as well.

Comment

maybe it's fixed in the new XP update?

Comment

Uhm we WinXP users are basically ****e out of luck, last patch was 3 years ago and firaxis isn't going to do anything to correct the big lists of known bugs.

Maybe if AC gets open sourced in the next few years. Otherwise problems like this will be common.
        http://xohybabla.ru

Comment

The new service pack? No. Or do you mean a new XP update released by feraxis?

Comment

Originally posted by Hendrik
            Uhm we WinXP users are basically ****e out of luck, last patch was 3 years ago and firaxis isn't going to do anything to correct the big lists of known bugs.

Maybe if AC gets open sourced in the next few years. Otherwise problems like this will be common.
            I take it that this is an XP only problem then?

Comment

i dunno. i've never seen it, but if it's a problem caused just by XP (which it might be) it *may* have been fixed in the patch (released...yesterday?)

Comment

Nope, definitely not XP specific. The double-dialogue problem is a problem for my die-hard Win95 system. Some people say the fixed it via .ini settings for dsd (or ds3d), but the change had no effect for me.
                (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Working...
                X