Changes in alpha.txt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changes in alpha.txt

After years of playing, have you put some changes in alpha.txt? I don't mean changes made for fun ('let's triple the cost of former and see what'll happen'), but rather permanent changes, that are needed in your opinion. Are there any changes that you can recommend? Or maybe you think that the game is so perfectly balanced that even a minor change would only spoil this harmony?

You should go to SMAC - Creation forums, and search tips from there.
    I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

This thread (which 80 people looked upon but couldn't care enough to comment) was a list of proposed changes I made to the alpha.txt rules, mostly to do with SPs, facilities, and unit abilities.

I carried through with my proposition, and have played all my single-player SMAX games with these changes since. Ultimately I decided to not to tamper with the tech pre-requisites for MMI and Doctrine: Air Power, and boosted the strength of Plasma Shards up to 14.

Since then I've observed a far more balanced game, IMHO.
      "I wake. I work. I sleep. I die. The dark of space my only sky. My life is passed, and all I've been will never touch the earth again." --The Ballad of Sky Farm 3, Anonymous, Datalinks

Comment

Working...
      X