Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Social Engineering Choises Be Edited?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Social Engineering Choises Be Edited?

can social engineering choises be edited?
    for example I would like to add some negative effects to demoncracy.
    (+2E, +2G, -2S => -2E, +2G, -2S)
    My Words Are Backed With Bad Attitude And VETERAN KNIGHTS!

yes they can

It's been a while but it looks like you can change it in the alpha.txt file.

about 2/3 the way down is a line title called #socio. Use the find feature to find it if you must.

You can adjust the number of + or - signs. Then save the file (back it up first!)

Comment

So you're basically making the Demo SE choice irrelevant? Police State is -2 Effic, +2 Police, +2 Support, as I recall. Your adjustments to Demo make it -2 Effic, -2 Support, +2 Growth.

Then again, considering the support problem can be negated with crawlers... maybe adding a negative in something OTHER than efficiency? (Perhaps -1 Police or -1 Probe, or maybe both.)
      oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

dissident: thanks.

vlad: demoncracy was just a example.
        My Words Are Backed With Bad Attitude And VETERAN KNIGHTS!

Comment

Thanks for asking this. My friend's wanted to know for ages how to modify FM to give her less of a Planet problem, greenie little treehugger that she is. She's too much of a wimp to run it as it is

I wouldn't mind being able to tweak a few settings, too. That -2 Support on demo might be nicer swapped for a different negative - morale, say, or police. I hate going all the way to the Living Refinery with -2 Support...
          "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

I changed it to -2 Police a while ago. It makes for a slightly different balancing act.
            Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

-2 Police is a lot weaker penalty than -2 Support (on the faction editing scaled, -2 Police counts as -2 while -2 Support counts as -4) making it much too easy to run Democratic
              ... This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality...
              ... Pain is an illusion...

Comment

Working...
              X