Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Is Your Favorite Starting Location?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Is Your Favorite Starting Location?

What's Your Favorite Starting Location when playing(Huge) Map Of The Planet?

mine is between pholus ridge and unity wreckage.
    My Words Are Backed With Bad Attitude And VETERAN KNIGHTS!

In the Monsoon Jungle. Not that it ever happens, but one can keep hoping.
    Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

I played a LAN mp game once, and started with the PK's in the Monsoon Jungle. Unfortunately this was pre-Apolyton, and therefore I lightyears worse a player then today, meaning that the Gaians lurking next to me squished me like a bug around 2200. It was a brilliant starting point with just the right faction, so all the blame can be placed on the absolute ineptness of me, myself and I.
      Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

I like being between the monsoon jungle and the borehole cluster.
        Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
        Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
        "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
        From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Yep. Anywhere near monsoon jungle gives a nice starting boost (which usually lasts for quite far in the game)
          You make my life and times
          A book of bluesy Saturdays

Comment

Uranium Flats, I'm an energy Junkie.
            Marc

"Peace, love and Planet Busters..."

Comment

i like just south of the jungle near planetneck (since its actually somewhere the game will start you) or if not, right at the top of the huge inlet on the big continent or around the pholus.

i HATE south of the freshwater sea

Comment

Monsoon Jungle, obviously.

If not, then Garland Crater or south of the Monsoon Jungle.
                oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

Uranium flats for me. Mmm . . . Radioactive isotopes . . .
                  Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Moonsoon Jungle, right next to three mineral deposits

Once I get the Weather Paradigm I dig boreholes in the mineral deposits which will net me 8 minerals a turn.

The rest can only be history.
                    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

For obvious reasons, I will go along with the Monsoon Jungle...
                      However, usually I don't mind starting on the large northern island, as I'm almost always alone. It gives me freedom from early conflict and a nice bit of time to build up early infrastructure and technologies. If I can get the Empath Guild it also makes me the tech-trading megalommaniac, sitting there all alone on my island swapping techs all over the world!
                      "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

I like starting on the Great Northern Island, or at least I do when I play on Dilithium Dad's Ultimate Builder Map which is the closest thing to the Map of Planet I have ever used. It has a few monoliths scattered about to ensure that I get a decent start, and after that my own terraforming does just fine without any help. The remote location tends to put off any early AI rushes, and after the early game they are the ones who should be shivering in their boots.
                        He's got the Midas touch.
                        But he touched it too much!
                        Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

A strarting place the CPU nearly always gives me [Which is nice] is at the very north of the channel that is east of the monsoon jungle. This allows me to get both the sunny mesa and the monsoon jungle. And the CPU also puts a faction to my north that I destroy so I can get some elites.

Comment

On huge map of planet I like to start in north of the eastern continent in that area that has lots of high altitude rainy/rolling tiles, and lots of monoliths and the borehole cluster.
                            The jungle is way too easy and I restart if I find it early, or just avoid building it it.

My favourite site overall tho is just east of the FW sea where you get that nice rocky mineral special, close enough to build a city to act as a canal between FW sea and ocean, and lots of lovely arid land to plant forests on! Yay terraforming!

Comment

Working...
                            X