Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions

Okay when you read this your gonna tell me that this belongs in the creation forum, However I need quick answers to these questions and well the creation forum is a little slow.

Okay my situation is this:

I have SMAC on a CD by its self. I got the Planetary Pack from my library. I used the faction editor to make my own faction. Now when I return PP will I still be able to use my faction on SMAC?

yes, but you'll have to replace one of the original factions with your custom faction. scroll down in the alpha.txt to where it says #FACTIONS (IIRC) and it should say:

GAIANS, GAIANS
    HIVE, HIVE
    ETC...

replace the faction you want to remove with yours so it says

CUSTOM FACTION, CUSTOM FACTION (or whatever its called)
    HIVE, HIVE
    UNIV, UNIV
    MORGAN, MORGAN
    etc...

(think thats how it works. maybe someone more knowledgeable could correct me?)

Comment

No, you can actually load the faction directly (select "Load Faction" on one of the screens, I forget which, and type the filename). However, you will obviously only be able to do this if your new faction contains no SMAX specific attributes - like, getting a Smax tech as starting tech, or getting Marine Detachment automatically, or - and this is a subtle one - getting a facility only when the appropriate tech is reached.

One last point - learn to create factions by hand, in the text files. The faction editor is notoriously buggy.
      The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
      Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
      All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
      "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

Working...
      X