Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GURPS: Alpha Centauri

did you know about this?

its current status is "In Playtest / In Production".

GURPS is a award-winning roleplaying game published by Steve Jackson Games
    My Words Are Backed With Bad Attitude And VETERAN KNIGHTS!

it sounds good
    "Just because you're paranoid doesnt mean there's not someone following me..."
    "I shall return and I shall be billions"

Comment

Interesting. I may suggest it to my D&D group sometime (after it comes out)...
      oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

Re: GURPS: Alpha Centauri

Originally posted by Andemagne
        [url]GURPS is a award-winning roleplaying game published by Steve Jackson Games
        Didn't those guys get their entire computer equipment confiscated for publishing the infamous hacker manual GURPS Cyberpunk...? FBI "Intelligence" at it's finest...
        Have you had your crack today? www.timecube.com

Comment

It is only surprising that it took so long for someone to do something like that. I always thought that SMAC is an RPG cleverly disguised as a strategy game.
          I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

I don't like GURPS. The system isn't really generic or universal. I much much prefer genre-specific systems.
            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

While I prefer genre-specific systems too, I must disagree. GURPS is far more universal and adaptable than any other supposedly generic system (Including d20 ), with only the possible exception of Big Eyes, Small Mouth. Just the fact that they're producing a SMAC sourcebook for GURPS is guarenteed to get me finally laying aside my Adnd 2nd's.
              Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos

Comment

The problem with the so called "generic" RPG systems are they are not that scalable. I don't see how GURPS can be used to represent superheroes, for example, or model a world where magic is powered by a person's will (a la Runequest).
                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

Originally posted by Alexnm
                  It is only surprising that it took so long for someone to do something like that. I always thought that SMAC is an RPG cleverly disguised as a strategy game.
                  hey! it's been under development quite a while now. I knew about this since SJGames and Firaxis made the deal, but I was not a SMAC fan back then (I just tought "Cool")(I started playing less than 2 months ago).

and for those who don't like GURPS: it's propaply easy to convert to another system.

Lucidor: I think you're right.

BTW I looked thru SJGames' site again and found that GURPS: Alpha Centauri is coming in October 2002
                  (Hardback 128 pages full color. $29.95)

Comment

I feel stupid

What is GURPS? What is RPG?

The last time I asked about RPG people were after cyber sex.

Call me naive, but I can't see how that would work for SMAC.

Comment

RPG is Role Playing Game. On apolyton, it doesnt mean the girl pretends to be a nurse, a princess, or whatever satisfy your lust (ouh, Deirdre... ). It s a kinda game that is usually played with pen and paper, and dices, and were you control a character. You play a role just like at theater. The story is made by the Gamemaster, and that guy plays every other characters.

GURPS is an "universal" role playing system.
                      "Just because you're paranoid doesnt mean there's not someone following me..."
                      "I shall return and I shall be billions"

Comment

No the GM doesn't play every other characters. Just all the NPCs.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                          No the GM doesn't play every other characters. Just all the NPCs.
                          Unless you don't have very many friends.

Comment

why can't I hear more "WOOOHOOO!!!!!" 's?
                            people, we're getting a new source book about Alpha Centauri here!
                            in october.

Comment

Bump!

Comment

Working...
                              X