SMAC Or Love?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMAC Or Love?

Since no-one took up my dare, I'm gonna have to do it myself.

What is better: playing Alpha Centauri, or dating? Try and keep it clean.
    Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

I was gonna do this, I was, but I haven't come up with anything good yet!

From my limited experiences on both fields of action so far... well, I have won AC on Transcend, but never made it quite *that* far with dating. Sorry.

But I'm still preparing a longish essay on the subject.
    Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Cool. Bring it in when you finish.

I gotta go with dating. Even with Alpha Centauri's non-linear gameplay, fantastic voice samples, and soothing ocean sound background music, you just can't beat the heart-thudding anticipation and interaction (and, with any luck, intertwining) of personalities that comes with a date.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. President
        Cool. Bring it in when you finish.

I gotta go with dating. Even with Alpha Centauri's non-linear gameplay, fantastic voice samples, and soothing ocean sound background music, you just can't beat the heart-thudding anticipation and interaction (and, with any luck, intertwining) of personalities that comes with a date.
        Hmph.

SMAC all the way. Sci fi, voiceovers, war, peace, building.....
        Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
        Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Err...
          SMAC has better graphics.
          "I'm so happy I could go and drive a car crash!"
          "What do you mean do I rape strippers too? Is that an insult?"
          - Pekka

Comment

Come to think of it, do you think that Love needs great graphics? Maybe it's more like Nethack where its the endless playability that counts.
            - Pekka

Comment

Love doesn't need good graphics because it speaks to the soul and not to the internal micromanager. Just think of the difference between Super Mario Brothers and Baldur's Gate.

Comment

That question wasn't fair for SMAC. Of course dating is more fun. It's the ironman of ironmen. Even if it crashes, you cannot reload.

Seriously, dating is much more fun. Try it
                I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

If we are comparing SMAC to dating, then I'll have to go with SMAC because it is predictably fun. A good date however beats SMAC hands down, and a great date beats the hell out of almost any other endeavor.
                  He's got the Midas touch.
                  But he touched it too much!
                  Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

I've lost plenty of sleep over each of them.
                    - Pekka

Comment

What about playing a multiplayer SMAC with your date ?

Hmm, not really sexy I admit
                      "Just because you're paranoid doesnt mean there's not someone following me..."
                      "I shall return and I shall be billions"

Comment

Hmmm, this is a toughie.....

I don't know! Done both, but like Sikander says, if they are good/great dates, nothing beats 'em. But since I hate dating and rather'd just skip it to boyfriend/girlfriend or physicality, I'd pick SMAC.

When you get those dates that are just awkward and there's that "oh-my-gosh-say-something-or-let-something-interesting-happen" moments, Dating really blows. But still, live and learn. I like female companionship just as much as satisfying my megalomania and Chiron-world conquests!
                        Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                        Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                        *****Citizen of the Hive****
                        "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

When you get those dates that are just awkward and there's that "oh-my-gosh-say-something-or-let-something-interesting-happen" moments, Dating really blows.
                          Yeah, that's true. I think the problem is that people expect dates to be like TV dates, where you basically stare at each other for several hours straight and never run out of things to say.

But you can help avert that by starting off on the right foot, ie. don't go out with someone who you don't like. Although I haven't been the most successful in love (well, I'm not married yet ), I think I can safely say I prefer it to late-game micromanagement or "Give me technology or I kill you!" (Hmm . . . why did I just think of Allison O. of Tasmania? )

Comment

Originally posted by Pandemoniak
                            What about playing a multiplayer SMAC with your date ?

Hmm, not really sexy I admit
                            What about playing "HotSeat" multiplayer SMAC with your date???
                            < wink, wink >< nudge, nudge >

Maybe HotSeat multiplayer STRIP SMAC?????
                            I don't exactly know what I mean by that, but I mean it (Holden Caulfield)

Comment

Hey, and what about the documented 3 couples (and I mgiht not know of many more) who got MARRIED having met in SMAC forums?
                              I don't exactly know what I mean by that, but I mean it (Holden Caulfield)

Comment

Working...
                              X