Can someone explain?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone explain?????

Are there 2 (or more) versions of SMAC??? and I dont mean Alien Crossfire. I have visited http://ac.strategy-gaming.com/ the screenshots section, and was suprised to see a game complately different in graphics to what I have. Mine is the same as on gamespot website. Can someone explain????????????????
    Last edited by FredW; July 25, 2002, 12:28.

MUCH of that stuff looks unfamiliar to me-- the only exceptions are the pictures of the leaders and some shots that look like stills frommthe secret project movies.

The base screen, main game screen and diplo screens are totally different in format although they do seem to convey the same basic information as that of my game version

As well, looking at the first screenshot on the top right, I see references to "rough" terrain and units that have cannon or heavy cannon, again unfamiliar to me

in the design workshop screen it xalls defense 2 armour "steel" and an attck 4 weapon an "alpaha laser" when I know of only synthmetal and impact weapons with those characteristics
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Is it a completely different version of the AC then? Or is it some kind of a hybrid?

Overall, I think those pics look pretty cool...

Comment

Forget it guys.

The unfamiliar pictures are all ideas that were never included in the initial SMAC release. They were displayed to hype the game well before it ever came out. So you can't find or buy a game that matches the unfamiliar screenshots.

Comment

bloody marketeers....
          (+1)

Comment

Originally posted by RedFred
            Forget it guys.

The unfamiliar pictures are all ideas that were never included in the initial SMAC release. They were displayed to hype the game well before it ever came out. So you can't find or buy a game that matches the unfamiliar screenshots.
            too bad-- that stylish design workshop looks great
            You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Sure. And same for bases. But the general map looks ugly...
              "Just because you're paranoid doesnt mean there's not someone following me..."
              "I shall return and I shall be billions"

Comment

I actually thought those pictures looked better in many ways than the released version.
                Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

It's really cool to see how it might have looked

I like Gaia's "Gardens". I'll use that next time I play her.
                  "I'm so happy I could go and drive a car crash!"
                  "What do you mean do I rape strippers too? Is that an insult?"
                  - Pekka

Comment

Working...
                  X