*Bonk* Stupid AX!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Bonk* Stupid AX!

I just recently installed AX with AC on my laptop. I told it to do a full install so I wouldn't be obligated to carry the CD with me all the time. But... when I start AX, it sez to insert the CD. Any idea how to make it realize that I don't *need* the CD??

-Regis
    -Regis
    "Good is not good, when better is expected"

Not possible... atleast in the european version.
    I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

I got a french version and the CD is not required to play, but u dont have the voices and the SP videos. I dont know how to make it work, though, but I'm positive its not about the european version
      "Just because you're paranoid doesnt mean there's not someone following me..."
      "I shall return and I shall be billions"

Comment

The CD requirement has nothing to do with full or partial install.
        It's a Copyright/Protection issue.
        It ensures that you can't play from multple PCs at the same time having bought only one copy of the game.

Visit megagames.com, you might still find there a CD-less SMAX fix.
        I don't exactly know what I mean by that, but I mean it (Holden Caulfield)

Comment

I started a thread on this before. I'll try and find it for you.
          (+1)

Comment

(+1)

Comment

I forgot to mention......

There is a link to the file you need in the thread.
              (+1)

Comment

The CD requirement has nothing to do with full or partial install.
                Oh sounds funny then, i got a CD of SMAC that I installed on both my computers and I dont require the CD to play, I just dont have voices and videos.

Comment

The requirment for the CD is unique to SMAX. SMAC doesn't require the disk.
                  (+1)

Comment

Okay, I didnt know that

Comment

Actually that drives me crazy.
                      On my system SMAX takes a loooooong time to start.
                      "I'm so happy I could go and drive a car crash!"
                      "What do you mean do I rape strippers too? Is that an insult?"
                      - Pekka

Comment

You can replace both .exe files with the no-cd version. Get them from:

Also, you can disable the opening movie in the .ini file - that speeds things up as well

G.

Comment

Thanks, Googlie
                          "I'm so happy I could go and drive a car crash!"
                          "What do you mean do I rape strippers too? Is that an insult?"
                          - Pekka

Comment

i thought the no-cd thing caused the interceptor scramble crash

Comment

No - it's an open question what causes that bug to execute - most common seems to be using a wheelmouse, although there are numerous instances where a wheelmouse user has never experienced a crash.

(I use the wheelmouse, run WinXP and the no-cd crack, and have had only one crash due to interceptor scramble. I have debugged several players who have sent me games where they can't get past the scramble, and have been able to fic it)

G.

Comment

Working...
                              X