CPU Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPU Help

Help! According to FAQ the "cpu not supported" fix is to change a line in the alpha.ini file. However, if the game never starts, because of cpu n.s ., how do you enter that line in a file that doesn't exist? I believe the alpha.ini file is created only when a game starts. In other words, how can I play smacx on a computer with a P4 and Windows XP. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Use the Search-option here at Apolyton, using keywords cpu not supported, and look from this forum.

Or you can look the answer manually from this forum. I think it was less than week ago, when the same question was asked.
    I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

aaglo is right, all you have to do is to search in this forum and find the text that must be in the .ini file, then u can copy/paste it
      "Just because you're paranoid doesnt mean there's not someone following me..."
      "I shall return and I shall be billions"

Comment

Rather more helpfully - this following thread has auseful link to follow that may address your specific problem.

(+1)

Comment

Hmmm - (dumb question i am about to ask):

when you get the message "CPU not supported" do you also get the options "OK" and "CANCEL"?

I get the "not supported" message every time I open smac or smax, but just click "OK"

I also have the no-cd cracks installed (overwrites the two .exe files - get them at:

and just replace the game .exe's)

So then I get the message "the CD was not detected, etc", with the option "RETRY" and "OK"

I click "OK" and it loads.

If it's just the annoying message that you want to eliminate, then it's the jackal file that needs amending

G.

Comment

Thanks for your replies. I'll le all of you know what happens. When I click "ok," I'm thrown back to the desktop.

Comment

Adding the line "ForceOldVoxelAlgorithm=1" worked. I can now play smac or smacx. I still get the message about "cpu not supported," but it is irrelevant. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
              X