No announcement yet.

Strategy Guides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what are the differences between 2 and 4?
    The special difference between 2 and 4 is 2. It's unique:
    2+2 = 2*2 = 2^2 = 4
    Why doing it the easy way if it is possible to do it complicated?

Comment

oh! and its the only even prime number!

i don't see what that has to do with guides though...

Vel, isnt v3.0 still on your homepage? 2.0 was topped here for the longest time.

Comment

v3.0 can be obtained here...

On that site you can find both versions, 2.0 and 3.0.
        I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Originally posted by Proserpine
          The version you can buy is V4.0.
          And of course, if you buy it, you get a nice printed copy, and you support Vel!
          At Booksurge, the printed book comes at ~15$, while the e-book (pdf actually) comes at ~8$ (and you can download it for free IF you purchase the printed, while you wait for the shipment).

Problem is, shipping fees to Europe was quoted last week at 13.30$.
          That almost doubles the cost for the printed item, and brings the actual cost difference to get the printed copy over the e-book up at >20$ instead of mere 7$.

I don't think it's justifiable, thus I bought the guide, but contented of the e-book (besides, I'll print it on the office color laserjet, at company's expenses, and after his retirement my father became an amateur bookbinder...).

Vel, I figure that the higher cost of the printed edition (i.e. those 7$) only goes to cover the printing and binding expenses, the "contents" being the same. I hope I didn't take anything away from you by opting for the ebook in the end.
          I don't exactly know what I mean by that, but I mean it (Holden Caulfield)

Comment

BTW, Tassadar, when you reply to the last post, you don't need to quote it verbatim!
            It's only useful to use the quote option when you reply to a part of a whole post, or when the post you're replying to it's not directly above your reply...

Just a suggestion...
            I don't exactly know what I mean by that, but I mean it (Holden Caulfield)

Comment

No worries MariOne, that's a good plan for those living on the other side of the pond....IIRC, GU/BookSurge briefly had a printing arrangement with a company based in England, specifically to fill orders placed in Europe, but I think that company went under....

-=Vel=-
              The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

I (living obviously in Europe) got the e-book version, but honestly, I think it is the worst electronic version you can make of a book (other than providing a 4x4 matrix per letter ): Each page of the electronic (PDF) version contains two pages, namely 1 and 2, 3 and 4, etc. with no way to get a good printout. I would see the difference in price as the cost for the company to provide a bound and printed version. And for this, I see it as a very unfriendly action to provide an "e-book" which neither can be printed neatly nor takes advantage of special "electronic" features as cross-references etc. I'm a bit disappointed (but not about your work, Vel, the biggest problems I saw in V3 disappeared).
                I've not read the Prima strategy guide, and I probably won't do because I've the impression that it is a company who wants to make profits on strategy guides, and in this case it is issued so quickly that they weren't able to find those tricks I'm unable to find before I get their guide ...
                Vel's guide really helped my gameplay (I'm not as die-hard a player as I am as a singer ), but for those who take a real pleasure to find everything themselves, VeL's guide is a spoiler (too good), a typical work of a fan.
                Why doing it the easy way if it is possible to do it complicated?

Comment

Adalbertus said:
                  I've not read the Prima strategy guide...
                  I bought it shortly after buying the game. I read through, cover-to-cover, both the Manual and the Prima Guide before even installing the game. Turns out the Prima Guide is mostly just a printed b&w version of the Datalinks, but annotated with good hints, tips, insights, etc., and a truly helpful chapter about customizing.
                  I give it for content but for price. I got the Prima Guide for only $4 at a discount store. I might not have bought it if I had to pay the cover price. It's still available, afaik.
                  Edit: I apologize if the above is ambiguous, but, to clarify: This post is in favor of Prima's guide.
                  Last edited by gwillybj; August 7, 2002, 01:43.
                  I am on a mission to see how much coffee it takes to actually achieve time travel.

Comment

Booksurge would not post the capsule review I submitted for Velociryx's 4.0 guide.

"I got the smax guide by Velocyrix and now the BABES are all over me. I having so much sex now I hardly have time to work. Every time I read a new chapter, I get a couple of new super models or other hot babes. All this and I have not even read the chapter on fusion powered implant enhancement or quantum powered sex toys yet."

at booksurge.
                    Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                    Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                    "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                    From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Working...
                    X