SMAC/Ailen Crossfire VS Win XP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMAC/Ailen Crossfire VS Win XP

Please help a huge SMAC/AIlen Crossfire fan. I bought a new comp with XP installed and can't play my SNAc games. Is there a download patch out there that allows me to play SMAC with XP???? Help...

RU99, It may also be your computer, if it is a P4.

Search this forum on P4 and XP. There are a number of threads and posts that may help. I actually posted on one just yesterday - news that Firaxis is working on a Windows 2000/XP patch. Even so, many of us, with tweaks, can get it to run.
    http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Ned,
      Thanks, Yes my comp is a P4. The patch your talking about is where? I'd owe you big if you could help a SMAC fan like me out. New comp and older game can be a pain... I'm looking for your old post now. If I can find the download will that allow me to run the game like I use to?

Comment

As far as I know, the WinXP compatibility patch is still in preparation.
        In the meantime, try changing the "ForceOldVoxelAlgorithm" value in the
        "Alpha Centauri.ini" file to "1".

Regards,
        Verrucosus

Comment

Indeed, as Verrucosus said. Full details are in the FAQ thread topped on this board. You should perhaps back it up first
          The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
          Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
          All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
          "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

Working...
          X