Monoliths Vanishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blake
    heh, okay. Then that opens some interesting possibilities... monoliths oft get in the way of my boreholes, so by throwing hundreds of units at the offending monolith it would hopefully vanish and let me drill the borehole
    I do this for the same reason, but it is a lot of work for what ends up being little gain in the end.
    He's got the Midas touch.
    But he touched it too much!
    Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

...Unless you are allowed to put Stockpile Energy in the Q after all those hundreds units you'll have to build for that purpose...
      I don't exactly know what I mean by that, but I mean it (Holden Caulfield)

Comment

Heh. In my case I don't think I'll ever be building units for the sole purpose of elimating a monolith, but I will be focusing my unit upgrading on particular monoliths that I want eliminated....

Comment

Unless you get the WP and also get rich and also put your bases as close together as you can (and even then perhaps), it still takes quite a while before a monolith is the worst tile in your base area - and that morale upgrade takes even longer to outgrow (practically never if you're pushing wealth et al) - so except for maybe in the Ruins (once you have HFs and the max fungus productions), a monolith is always welcome to stay in any of my base areas.

I hardly ever get the WP, because someone else usually wants it more than me, but if you do, it might be worth it to build an early sea former and submerge a monolith just to get that morale kicker on your early ships. It seems that (except maybe for Santi), you can't build a decent ship without a navy yard or bioenhancement center, and it takes a while to get to them. Some weapons and armor can be prototyped as cheaply on a ship as on a land unit, giving you a +2 morale boost all together if you build your protos on boats. Decent ships can be pretty useful - the "marines" attribute is pretty powerful if you've got the best navy (and you can use the sunken monoliths to help keep them in good shape).

Comment

To sink monoliths you don't need the WP, or EnvEcon for that matter.
            You just need HEC.... or nothing at all: just staple like crazy, you'll solve your drones problems for some decades, and as a by-product you'll get all the sunken monoliths you want... even sunken ruins!
            What? Commerce? Of course you'll have to forget that for the whole game, that's the tradeoff... unless you wait for the SunSpots...
            I don't exactly know what I mean by that, but I mean it (Holden Caulfield)

Comment

Sunken monoliths... makes you wonder why it's still above sea-level. perhaps they have floatation devices.
              Don't drink and drive, smoke and fly.
              Anti-bush and anti-Bush.
              "Who's your Daddy? You know who your Daddy is, huh?? It's me! Yeah.. I'm your Daddy! Uh-huh! How come I'm your Daddy! 'Coz I did this to your Mama? Yeah, your Mama! Yeah this your Mama! Your Mama! You suck man, but your Mama's sweet! You suck, but your Mama, ohhh... Uh-huh, your Mama! Far out man, you do suck, but not as good as your Mama! So what's it gonna be? Spit or swallow, sissy boy?" - Superfly, joecartoon

Comment

Nah, they are just *really* tall.
                Team 'Poly

Comment

how do you park an entire ship into the monolith?
                  It's close to midnight and something evil's is lurking in the dark.

Comment

Is that a trick question?
                    Anti-bush and anti-Bush.
                    "Who's your Daddy? You know who your Daddy is, huh?? It's me! Yeah.. I'm your Daddy! Uh-huh! How come I'm your Daddy! 'Coz I did this to your Mama? Yeah, your Mama! Yeah this your Mama! Your Mama! You suck man, but your Mama's sweet! You suck, but your Mama, ohhh... Uh-huh, your Mama! Far out man, you do suck, but not as good as your Mama! So what's it gonna be? Spit or swallow, sissy boy?" - Superfly, joecartoon

Comment

Matter Editation?

Either that or they can change their size on cue. That must be how you get them to pop out of unity pods...

Comment

Originally posted by TKG
                        Matter Editation?

Either that or they can change their size on cue. That must be how you get them to pop out of unity pods...
                        How would you rather them to be? Mini versions of the original? Like in Red Alert 2 DeeZire? Sh!t, it's so funny to see an Apocalypse tank the size of a car.
                        Anti-bush and anti-Bush.

Comment

Working...
                        X