Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hmmm. over 120 views but only 17 votes.

vote planet damn it!
    My Words Are Backed With Bad Attitude And VETERAN KNIGHTS!

Comment

See how they run by Prokhor Zakharov

"see how they run" is also a prhase from a Beatles - song Lady Madonna, and propably that made the difference for my choise (It doesn't mean anything though...)
      I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

"We sit together, the mountain and I. Until only the mountain remains." Li Po - The Yang Collection

*pretty much my philosophy in life
        "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

i was going to vote book of planet but i'm going with conversations with planet

"You waited so long to heed us earthdeidre. Almost we pruned you, as we may yet prune your branches"

"You are orphans earthdeidre, your homeworld already buried, so you young among the ~~~~s. Yet, now you fill the skies where we watched a million sunsets with flame and contrails, paying no heed to the hard lessons the universe has tried to teach you. Are are you a breath of life to invigorate a complacent world, you earth humans? Or an insidious cancer which must be excised."

Comment

Funny you quoted that orphans one. I finally realize that it's Planet talking in that weird voice. .

Do the fiction books incorporate more/new quotes from the works mentioned in the poll? Just curious as I haven't read any of the SMAC fiction.
            "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

Banana
              (+1)

Comment

"see how they run" is also a prhase from a Beatles
                It was a quote from a nursery rhyme long before that.

Three blind mice,
                Three blind mice,
                See how they run,
                See how they run.

They all ran after the farmer's wife,
                She cut off their tails with a carving knife.
                Did you ever see such a sight in your life
                As three blind mice?
                Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Working...
                X