No announcement yet.

Order to Build infrasturcture?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another point in favor of the recycling tank is the fact that it can significantly increase your growth rate, especially in the early game. The extra turns of production that you receive from workers hurried into production via that extra nut have to be factored in. More often than not an extra worker in the early game will be pulling in 4 FOP from a forest, which is good compared to the 2 FOP you typically can get from a crawler. Of course you could always crawl two nuts with one of those crawlers and get that extra worker going that much faster. None of this matters all that much if the extra worker is a drone that you can't handle of course, which is why the rec commons figure so prominently in the discussion. I tend to prefer going the mineral route and building SPs to help me with this, especially the HGP and the VW. You can relegate your more advanced bases to build SPs while your new bases concentrate on getting their infrastructure into place, and once the SPs are finished every base will benefit.
    He's got the Midas touch.
    But he touched it too much!
    Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Another subversive idea: rush-buying units such as crawlers usually is a waste of energy, because you get more min/energy when you're buying infrastructure. But you can re-home crawlers. So, build crawlers from a base which has its productivity already set up.
      Why doing it the easy way if it is possible to do it complicated?

Comment

How so?
        In the mid-game (as this thread is about) i think it's better to build base facilities because that is the only way you can recieve the benefit from them. All other things like formers, crawlers and defensive units could be built elsewhere and moved in. You can't move base facilities around.

Plus, it is a lot quicker to build crawlers in your established bases than your new ones, which means you get the benefit from them sooner.

Comment

Working...
        X