No announcement yet.

Newbie nerve stapling question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never understood why the game was programmed so that if you repeal the UN Charter (atrocities permitted) gas, PB's, etc. no longer cause eco damage. As long as you lift that ban you can feel free to nuke the entire planet into oblivion and it will never do anything to stop you.

Anyone else think this is kinda weird?
    "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

Originally posted by Blake
      I'm under the impression that as a proggie, only nervestapling causes your grid to shutdown?
      I don't play the progs too much if at all, but I would be surprised if PB'ing didn't cause the same effect.
      "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Originally posted by BustaMike
        I never understood why the game was programmed so that if you repeal the UN Charter (atrocities permitted) gas, PB's, etc. no longer cause eco damage. As long as you lift that ban you can feel free to nuke the entire planet into oblivion and it will never do anything to stop you.

Anyone else think this is kinda weird?
        Obviously planet cares about fair treatment of humans LOL

You didn't realize that planet actually signed the charter as well
        "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

I never understood why the game was programmed so that if you repeal the UN Charter (atrocities permitted) gas, PB's, etc. no longer cause eco damage. As long as you lift that ban you can feel free to nuke the entire planet into oblivion and it will never do anything to stop y
          Was there a ban on nuclear weapons in 1945? No.
          You'll find enough people who claim that the bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki had no effect on the environment.

q. e. d.
          Why doing it the easy way if it is possible to do it complicated?

Comment

Originally posted by Adalbertus

Was there a ban on nuclear weapons in 1945? No.
            You'll find enough people who claim that the bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki had no effect on the environment.

q. e. d.
            He's got the Midas touch.
            But he touched it too much!
            Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Re: Newbie nerve stapling question

Originally posted by pqow

Before I was pretty much able to nerve staple the bejezus out of them for as long as I wanted. Now they stay immune & the base essentially becomes useless to me.
              Wow, and I thought I was a maniacal despot!

I've only nerve-stapled a city twice. Usually after the first drone riots, when they're pacified, I move in beacoup police troops so they'll be able to pacify the dissident workers!

I always nerve staple in my games, but for some odd reason, the second base that I establish never seems to go into riots.

But one thing I never do is use bio-chemical weapons......I'd rather use the "clean" planet busters...
              Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
              Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
              *****Citizen of the Hive****
              "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

franky, during my last games with SMAX I felt some inclination to use s-gas. No penalty and still gives an advantage.

Comment

???
                  Man, whenever I use gas I get slapped with a "XXX has pronounced Vendetta on you" or some other kinda bogus thing like that.
                  Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                  Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                  *****Citizen of the Hive****
                  "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

I mean soporific gas, -2 morale, not nerve (X-) gas. X-gas is atrocity, s-gas not.

Comment

I would be surprised if PB'ing didn't cause the same effect.
                      I think the grid only shuts down when you nerve staple your own citizens. They couldn't care less about the humans so you can do what you like to them.

Comment

Working...
                      X