Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey, I finally saw an AI sky hydroponics lab.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very cool...
    Now if I can just get the $"*^U* stupid AI to build some!
    "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

Heh. I tend to build ODP's in huge numbers. (Think the Earth Defense Grid in either Macross Plus, or Babylon-5)

|"Anything I can do to help?" "Um. Short of dying? No, can't think of a |
      | thing." -Morden, Vir. 'Interludes and Examinations' -Babylon 5 |

Comment

The AI will most defiantely build sats if it is strong compared to the player. I had one game where (as Miriam) I was fighting and losing a war of attrition against the drones. They were seriously handing me the smackdown, and suddenly I start getting 2-3 "satellite launched" messages a turn.

Of course, given that I was nowhere near sats the smackdown started increasing rapidly after that.
        Fitz. (n.) Old English
        1. Child born out of wedlock.
        2. Bastard.

Comment

I'll have the try the 'build up then turn over' strategy - I like the idea of an AI playing with an empire that I've just spent a few hundred years building up

Obviously something to do next game...as soon as I finish squishing the damn aliens. It's quite amusing - with no other human factions left in the game, I can run the Planetary Council all by my ickle self...
          "Hmmm, who shall I vote in as Governor? Candidates are...me. I think I'll vote for....me."
          Me elected.
          "Yay!"
          "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

I had AI sats every now and again, on a huge map, when the AI was not too far behind. It only took too long until I figured out how to shoot them when I arrived at ODPs . But now I know
            Why doing it the easy way if it is possible to do it complicated?

Comment

In a recently run auto-play game with the SMAX factions (plus 2 custom-made and my refitted alphax.txt rules) I did indeed see AI sats towards the endgame. Roze in particular had lauched 3 Sky Hydroponics Labs, 2 Orbital Power Transmitters, and 2 Nessus Mining Stations. Dawn managed to get one skyfarm up as well. Roze also had most of the SPs in-game as was working on her 22nd (!) Transcendent Thought the turn before she transcendened in 2363, but that's beside the point. Condensers were quite common, and there were even a few boreholes peppering AI territories. Nearly every post-Hab Complex base on Chiron was crammed to the gills with facilities; those factories pushed forward in the tree really helped mineral output. The only problem was that Chiron was a boggy mess; too much eco-damage and melted ice caps.
              "I wake. I work. I sleep. I die. The dark of space my only sky. My life is passed, and all I've been will never touch the earth again." --The Ballad of Sky Farm 3, Anonymous, Datalinks

Comment

In my last game i was playing with just one city and the Hive were able to build 12 Sky Hydroponics Bays, 5 Nessus Mining stations, 6 orbital power transmitters, 30 ODP's and about 15 Geosynchronous Survey Pods! Not bad!
                what do ''geosynchronous survey pods'' do?dont have the xpac obvously...
                if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

they increase base LOS radius to 3 and act as a sensor array.
                  Hi, I'm a sig virus. Pass me on by putting me in your sig!

Comment

Geosynchronous pod: only one pod/owned city. It can be destroyed via ODP and probe-team action...
                    I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

Plus they have a really cool/spooky voiceover with them, done by Domai.

"The managers always talked about 'having the view from thirty thousand feet'. The only problem with having the view from thirty thousand feet, is that at that height, everyone looks like ants.
                      -Foreman Domai,
                      'Genejack and the Beanstalk' "

Comment

I play SP only on huge maps, so I see 1-2 sky hydroponics from Lal and 1-2 energy satellites from Morgan. usually they are my allies and I have beefed them up by gifting bases to them.
                        Creator of the Ultimate Builder Map, based on the Huge Map of Planet, available at The Chironian Guild:
                        http://guild.ask-klan.net.pl/eng/index.html

Comment

Who do you usually play in SP, DD? UoP?

Comment

Ack, abbreviation city We need to make a list of SMAC abbreviations...

Comment

they increase base LOS radius to 3 and act as a sensor array
                              Geosynchronous pod: only one pod/owned city. It can be destroyed via ODP and probe-team action...
                              Plus they have a really cool/spooky voiceover with them, done by Domai.

"The managers always talked about 'having the view from thirty thousand feet'. The only problem with having the view from thirty thousand feet, is that at that height, everyone looks like ants.
                              -Foreman Domai,
                              'Genejack and the Beanstalk' "

by the time i get satelite ability,i have all my bases heavily covered with multiple sensors.dosnt sound very useful....
                              if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

The 25% bonus is on top of the normal sensor bonus - so you get two!

Comment

Working...
                                X