Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unresolved calcuation question: global warming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unresolved calcuation question: global warming?

I think it's unresolved, at least. Was the exact mechanics that causes global warming ever worked out?

Never resolved as far as I know. I believe conventional wisdom is that is a simple addition of all eco-damage from all bases on Chiron.

I can see that, or I can see an addative function (ie it increases from the previous amount every turn) that triggers events when it passes certain thresholds.

Or it could be based on fungal blooms. For example, a simple function like after x blooms, cause sea level rises. Alternately, if x blooms per turn, sea level rises.

I feel that it is likely to be something simple that is not tracked from turn to turn. Although given that the eco-damage limit on minerals is an in game number that is not determined new every turn (ie based on prior events), I could be wrong.
    Fitz. (n.) Old English
    1. Child born out of wedlock.
    2. Bastard.

Comment

I believe conventional wisdom says that the chances are much higher when there are >pops< in two consecutive turns. I think the chances of a >pop< are calculated per city (is the red figure showing the eco-damage the percentage chance of a >pop< for this city for a given turn?)
      AFAIK, you are quite safe from global warming if you have a pop every other turn.
      Why doing it the easy way if it is possible to do it complicated?

Comment

Working...
      X