Energy Market Query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Energy Market Query

It seems to be relatively unusual to see an AI faction attempt to corner the energy market. In prior games I have been able to wipe out the enemy AI's HQ to scuttle the attempt.

In the particular game that I am playing, the AI faction attempting to corner is my Pactmate, Roze. I'd just as soon find some other way to stop them. Is there another way?

Right now the Data Angels have less energy than me. Does the automatically AI succeed after 20 years no matter what level of energy it has?

Yes, I think so.

The only way to stop them is to attack or reach some other victory condition first, although I have never done that and couldn't even say for sure if that would work.

Comment

well... you specifically don't have to captured the HQ. It's a bit farfetched but it may be possible to somehow get another faction to take the HQ, or release lots of mindworms and have them wormrape it to the ground....

Comment

Thanks. It always comes as a surprise when I get this message but it seemed kind of early for that sort of thing in my current game. Not even 2200 yet. I wonder if the AI has scuttled any MP games this way.

Comment

I've never seen the AI, not even Morgan, try to corner the global energy market. Odd, because plenty of times he has enough cash...
          "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

I've lost SP games that way. Usually quite early. A couple of times, I didn't even know where Morgan was, let alone have the wherewithal to go take Industries in 20 turns.

I lost my first attempt at the CGN May/June challenge that way...before 2200.

Comment

I disable it as a victory condition.
              (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
              (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
              (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Yeah, actually I often do as well, given that I find it a) irritating and b) almost impossible, since the energy market crashes seem to get rid of almost all hope of ever fulfilling it. I think I won by EcoVic once, because I couldn't be bothered wiping out the Hive (the only other faction left).
                "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

I usually do SP with all victory conditions enabled and random events=on.

I do believe I have come across a new bug. Three or four years after my first warning, the same faction tried to corner the energy market again, and the blurb that came up suggested I had another twenty years.

Comment

Working...
                  X