SMAC & SMACX 1-pager tech trees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMAC & SMACX 1-pager tech trees

I have created tech trees that fit on a 8.5x11 sheet of paper for SMAC and SMACX. You may find them at:

They are available both as a native file format (MS Office 2000) or
    as an Adobe PDF.

By the way, on the same page there are 1-page tech trees that I have created for Civ1, Civ2, and X-COM Collector's Edition as well
    as other useful reference files, including a comprehensive summary of the techs for Space Empires IV Gold.

Regards,
    Nethog
    Nethog

Good work, nicely laid out from what I can see, although I haven;t tried printing it as yet. The one thing I find useful on my current Tiny Tech Tree (which I got from someone on these boards, I forget who, goes by the real name of Jesse Clark) is that the techs have coloured borders accourding to their research type. Is that possible here?
    The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
    Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
    All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
    "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

I just bought a color printer and was considering color-coding the tree. Right now I am maxing out on x-com, so I don't plan to do it soon!
      Nethog

Comment

Very nice, I have one of thouse huge poster sized fold out tec trees and their nice too look at but their just so large and unwealdy this is much nicer.
        Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by Chowlett
          The one thing I find useful on my current Tiny Tech Tree (which I got from someone on these boards, I forget who, goes by the real name of Jesse Clark) is that the techs have coloured borders accourding to their research type. Is that possible here?
          Were created by Helium Pond - you can get them from the Spartan Chronicles website at:

(although there is a miscoding of Adaptive economics as Conquer instead of Build, which it should be - I've corrected my own copy but have been too lazy to redo the upload for the site - I need to get to that sometime)

G.

Comment

Ah yes - whatever happend to HP?

I currently am only using my AC tree, for DT10 - so I was unaware of that error.
            The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
            Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
            All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
            "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

Hi folks! I just loaded SMAC on my new computer and am playing a new game after a long hiatus (due to playing Civ3 and other games;-)). I must say playing SMAC again feels great! (and feels even better on my 3 GHz system compared to my old P166Mhz system!!)

Anyway, please check out my web site at http://mywebpages.comcast.net/pmm1/games/games.html for a copy of my SMAC(X) reference material. It has not changed (yet) since my previous post in this thread, but since I am playing SMAC again, I may make some changes such as adding color-coding, and whatever else any of you suggest.
              Nethog

Comment

This is great! I use your Civ II sheets all the time.
                "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

I have posted a new version of my SMAC(X) tech trees and reference info. I have added color to both tech trees, as well as made a few formatting changes. You can get them at http://mywebpages.comcast.net/pmm1/games/games.html
                  Nethog

Comment

Good stuff. I can post it at work so I can now think about SMAC 24/7.

A Nice terraforming chart would go nicely with it, methinks.
                    "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

DetroitDave, what info would you like to have summarized on a terraforming chart?
                      Nethog

Comment

Not sure. Something like a quick, comprehensive reference that would incorporate the effects of all terraforming improvements on the different types of terrain, including defensive values.

I was thinking about this today when I saw your thread, and I'm pondering working on one myself.
                        "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

I have made some additional minor changes to my smac(x) reference material. I have just put version 1.01 (March 5th, 2003) on my website at: http://mywebpages.comcast.net/pmm1/games/games.html

Changes:
                          I have removed all references to the free facilities gained by researching Sentient Econometrics, Quantum Machinery, and Self-Aware Machines for both SMAC and SMACX. At one time Firaxis had planned to put this feature in the game but it was removed (see the facilities section of alpha.txt and alphax.txt).

I have also added a mushroom cloud icon to the Orbital Spaceflight tech box to make it easier to spot the tech for Planet Busters.
                          Nethog

Comment

nice job.im usualy lost trying to beline for key techs so this should help tons.
                            if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

Working...
                            X