AC is the worst game ever:Article inside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johndmuller
    ...it frequently occurs in PBEM that certain preferences become reset to settings I never prefer and things that I do prefer become unset between turns. I never know for sure whether I am having a battle of wills with another player or the game, ...
    LOL!
    I always set NO Auto-Monolith, for instance, as I think that letting it on could influence a player's moving options, which is wrong.
    Similarly I always turn on Combat Odds.
    And if I turn off FoW because have difficulty seeing the finest details, I don't bother then to set it back, I'll leave it to those who like it...

Originally posted by johndmuller
    ...I don't know any surefire way of cheating except having multiple machines (avoiding reload detection) and while I'm sure that a lot of us have that capability one way or another, it doesn't seem that it would be worth the trouble ...
    Ummm... I remember that when I worked in the IT lab in the previous company, I used to ghost the imagine of one machine with the virgin turn stored.
    I then in parallel duplicated the original image stored on the LAN File Server (the whole system + SMAC partition that is) on 5 identical machines (it took ~15min IIRC), running new "virgin" attempts till I got some good result, and kept the optimal.

Hehe.

What? Ah... ..JUST KIDDING!!!
    I don't exactly know what I mean by that, but I mean it (Holden Caulfield)

Comment

The one that gets me the most often is the one that cancels orders when you click on a unit - I think (whether or not it is true) that I lose a former turn or worse if I accidentally click on one (like if there is a steep hillside making it difficult to click exactly where you want).

Then there is the one that sends aircraft to some inappropriate base to refuel even if you are in the middle of moving it manually .

Comment

Working...
      X