Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My rover did have SAM abilities.

I don't know exactly how many movement points the needlejet had; I just assumed it had 16 because all my needlejets do.

Is it different for SAM units?

Comment

Originally posted by Platinum Knight
      My rover did have SAM abilities.

I don't know exactly how many movement points the needlejet had; I just assumed it had 16 because all my needlejets do.

Is it different for SAM units?
      Oops! Sorry for hijacking this thread.

By the way, I thought you couldn't equip your aircraft with nanocells when you have the CBA...(??)
      Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
      Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

SAM needlejets (=Interceptors) have two (or so) movement points less than those without (=Penetrators).
        Interceptors defend in air-air combat with their attack value, but on ground strikes (air-land or air-sea) they have only half the attack value. When fighting non-SAM air units, they attack with double strength (which is usually useless because there are rarely air units with a high defense value.)
        I usually add SAM to noodles and not to copters. Makes the distinction easy and is practical: An interceptor hanging in the air (what it usually does after a successful attack) is well defended, even as 10-1-8 (or so it comes out), and I need this earlier in the game. The copter for attack has the chance to attack several times in a turn and to retreat to a base, so the defense is usually untested.
        Why doing it the easy way if it is possible to do it complicated?

Comment

Working...
        X