Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Original Alpha Centauri

Originally posted by Talent
    I have upgraded to a better computer and now I CAN"T FIND MY ORIGINAL Alpha Centauri CD!
    it's gone!
    I wept, but now what to do?
    see at http://alpha-centauri-stuff.cjb.net/ and/or contact me by ICQ
    http://AlphaCentauri.US/ in English and German
    http://civ3.2be.cc/
    http://1steuro.net/

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy In The Sky
      Talent, I've 2 jewel-case-only versions of Alpha Centauri (not boxed, no manual, no tech tree poster) still w/the Best Buy $9.99 stickers on the unbroken cellophane wrappers. Cover my cost + 0.065% sales tax + shipping & one of them can be yours. PM me if interested.
      0.065%? As in 6.5 pence (cents) in every 100 pounds (dollars)?
      The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
      Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
      All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
      "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

Originally posted by big_canuk
        Wall Mart has SMAC for about $10.00

Costco has a 10 game pack for 19.99, that includes SMAC.

There are some recent threads for getting SMAX from Engand:

http://www.planetacol.com/ubb/Forum8/HTML/000565.html
        Hey BC, what are the 10 games in the Costco pack? I remember getting a 5 game pack that included MOOI and MOOII, MoM and a couple of Xcom games for 20$. Needless to say, it was one of the best bargains I have ever received.

Of course I got the planetary pack from Costco (actually is was both games seperately boxed and wrapped in shrink wrap together a few month before the PP came out), and it has to rank as one of the best game values ever as well.
        He's got the Midas touch.
        But he touched it too much!
        Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

The money I spent on Civ3 was well worth it as I have taken it as a lifetime right to ***** about Firaxis on the forum here, to Mark's total annoyance.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmytrick
            The money I spent on Civ3 was well worth it as I have taken it as a lifetime right to ***** about Firaxis on the forum here, to Mark's total annoyance.

You too? Seriously I only sortie into the Civ 3 forums once a month or so, but my fury at paying good money for that game is subsiding slowly. Now I'm just bummed beacuse a classic game has been forever besmirched by a low quality dumbed down product. IMO nothing was improved over Civ 2.
            He's got the Midas touch.
            But he touched it too much!
            Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Personally I can live with the money spent on Civ3. Its the money they deserved for SMAC, while what I paid for SMAC is just right for Civ3 ...
              Why doing it the easy way if it is possible to do it complicated?

Comment

Banner ad at the bottom of forum page shows SMAC available at Amazon for $9.99 US

Comment

Damn, you got there before me. Oh well, since I posted this it makes very little difference anyway.
                  The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
                  Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
                  All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
                  "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

Originally posted by Sikander

Hey BC, what are the 10 games in the Costco pack? .
                    They were games like NHL 2000, and things like that. Typically 1 or 2 years out of date, but a great value none the less. Iirc, there was one or 2 other strat games in it to, and there were 2 dif packs, one red, the other blue.

bc
                    Team 'Poly

Comment

Staples still has some jewel-case SMACs in their bargain bins here in Vancouver

Comment

ebay frequently has games like Civ2 and SMAC available for bid at about US$2, and there's hardly likely to be anyone else who'll beat out your bid.
                        Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Compucenter in the TEC (you know what that is, yes?) has the EA "gold box" for $10 (without the 200 page manual, of course)

EBX in Yorkdale has the same for same price.

EBoutique at Eglinton/Yonge also had it last time I went.

Check GameZone (?) just below EBoutique as well - it's that two level strip mall where Silver Snail North used ot be...

Good luck
                          SIrVincealot
                          "The road is long but the night is short"

Comment

you already bought the game once. you should be able to download it without it bothering you. i dont see why it would...unless you didnt pay for the first copy ^_^
                            if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

thanx to everyone!
                              you guys are all amazing! (little tears)
                              I'm picking up Alpha Centauri at Yonge & Eglinto E-boutique right now!!
                              Later,
                              Antoine.

P.S.: that link is great too. thanx.

Comment

Working...
                              X