Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A small request....:)

'evening all!

Just wanted to make a small on-topic/off-topic request here and explain why the request is being made.

I was wondering if I could interest anybody who's gotten ahold of and enjoyed the SMAX guide to head to the booksurge site and perhaps jot down a few words in the way of a review?

The reason I'm asking is that I'm getting more and more deeply involved in the new company, Velocigames, and we're inching steadily closer to having a playable demo. Still some ways off, but it's coming...and it's gonna be awesome.....

So...what I'm hoping is, that I can make use of some favorable reviews from my publication work (Smax guide, soon to be released Guardians, and not long after, Five Days in May), to help get some attention focused on the Courts of Candle'Bre when it's ready to roll....

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

-=Vel=-
    The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

I'd be happy to give it a shot (even though to date I only have the version that appeared here).
    I think I'd rather not be the first one up to the plate though. Its a little intimidating

Comment

How about:

"I got the smax guide by Velocyrix and now the BABES are all over me. I having so much sex now I hardly have time to work. Every time I read a new chapter, I get a couple of new super models or other hot babes. All this and I have not even read the chapter on fusion powered implant enhancement or quantum powered sex toys yet."
      Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
      Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
      "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
      From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

It's going to be hard to top that one ...

Comment

I am George W. Bush and I bought Vel's strategy guide and it has changed my life.

His tips taught me which faction to choose to get double votes and how to bribe effectively. Can you say Florida baby! Ali bye bye.
          The boost in my commerce rating from being planetary president is buff.

I have read and reread his section on the metagame. Applying his tips I am now using my puppet governments in the Middle East to soften up that region prior to lauching my final invasion.

I'll never be able to thank Vel enough for giving me that idea of building punishment spheres for all these liberal drones. Can you say nerve staple Hillary?

Vel's book is better'n Nolan Ryan in heat , but you got to be careful trying to read it and eat. I like to choked to death on a pretzel looking at those pics of Dee running naked.

Comment

Ohhh man did I ever need a laugh, and those were....jaw dropping! ::shaking my head::

You guys rock! LOL...Although now I'm QUITE curious as to what, if anything I'll find over at booksurge....think I might mosey that way....

-=Vel=-
            The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

Done

Submitted

Og
              "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Do you really want me to put that reveiw there, it might not be entirely appropriate, after all I have only read your former SMAC guide, not the one for SMAC-X.
                "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Ummm Vel,

How does one see what reviews folks have done so far?

Just interested.

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Brother Og! Thank ya man! I *do* appreciate it!

Now...as to your question....Hmmm...I don't know! LOL....just tried to find that out, and saw no means of doing so from the site proper, so I shot an e-mail over to the folks at Booksurge inquiring about that....will update ya here as soon as I hear back from them!

And Lefty...lol...sure....that sounds like a MOST intriguing endorsement...

-=Vel=-

Comment

Well, I submitted it, but i do not think it pass muster. You get this message when you submit.

"Thank you for your submission. It will be reviewed shortly. Please note that all submissions must be screened for inappropriate content. Due to this, your review will not be displayed on the site immediately."

Comment

Vel, nice to see you again! I'll submit my review to the site as soon as I can (I'm at work now), even though I only have your original version (SMAC-only).
                        I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Done!
                          'No room for human error, and really it's thousands of times safer than letting drivers do it. But the one in ten million has come up once again, and the the cause of the accident is sits, something in the silicon.' - The Gold Coast - Kim Stanley Robinson

'Feels just like I can take a thousand miles in my stride hey yey' - Oh, Baby - Rhianna

Comment

Thanks again guys! And brother Og! Yours is the first official reader review, and is up on the booksurge site! Thanks man!

-=Vel=-

Comment

I'm honored to be of service. 'course it would have been better if i spell checked (definitive instead of difinitive). Ahhh well.....

Comment

Working...
                              X