CPU not supperted...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPU not supperted...

I just installed SMAX on my super new Windows XP PC, and it says my CPU is not supprted, WTF??? anyone know what i should do? please....
    eimi men anthropos pollon logon, mikras de sophias

Well, it might help if you told us what kind of CPU you have ...
    "I love justice, I hate iniquity. It is not my pleasure that the lower suffer injustice because of the higher." - Darius I, 550-486 BC

Comment

The game does not recognize many CPU such as P4s and many non pentiums as compatible, when in fact they are.

Per the readme file, for cpu not supported, change a AlphaCentauri.ini file line
      ForceOldVoxelAlgorithm=0

to
      ForceOldVoxelAlgorithm=1

As you noted below it commonly still does not recognize the CPU but the INI line tells it to run anyway.
      Last edited by Lefty Scaevola; March 27, 2002, 18:25.
      Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
      Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
      "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
      From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

yay it works
        still comes up with the mssg, but just click ok and i'm fine. thx
        eimi men anthropos pollon logon, mikras de sophias

Comment

Heh, learn something new here everyday. My friend had the exact same problem

Dave
          "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

wont run

Alpha Cent will run on my P4 windows ME (sometimes you have to boot sevral times before it runs) BUT as son as I enstall a patch or any part of Crossfire i get the same message not supported and nothing will run. I aldo do not have that line Force old Voxel etc. under Centauri. What is one to do?

Comment

this

Originally posted by roalan
              ... What is one to do?
              Exit SMAC/X if it's running. Open Alpha Centauri.Ini (it's in the SMAC/X main folder). Type the following two lines at the end.

[PREFERENCES]
              ForceOldVoxelAlgorithm=1

If [PREFERENCES] is already there, just type the other line under it.

Save the changed file. Restart SMAC/X.
              I am on a mission to see how much coffee it takes to actually achieve time travel.

Comment

preferences

There are two lines
                Preferences
                More Preferences
                Should I type the line in between the above lines?
                Also If I load the patch AND install Allien Crossfire will they both work or should add the same line in crossfire?

Comment

Working...
                X