smac-x faction editor questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smac-x faction editor questions

I can not seem to find instructions in the manual or the read me (which is mostly cahnges from smac and patch changes) detailing the items in the factions editor. Must are faily intuitve, but I am not sure about the "robust" and "penalty" choices. While their general intent is obvious I do not know what their specific effects is. Can someone educate me?
    Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
    Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
    "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
    From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Never mind. I found a list of the editor fuctions. For some only planet knows reason, it was in the installation guide booklet, rather than in the manual.
    "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
    From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Not minding, except to say one thing.

Never, ever, ever, ever in your entire life (a couple of millenia so far, isn't it?) use that heinously poorly coded piece of excrement that is the faction editor. I haven't myself, but I've had reports that just loading a faction will muck it up almost irrevocably.

Bite the bullent, and learn how to do it by hand, direct into the text file. It's not actually all that difficult.
      The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
      Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
      All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
      "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

What about the edit utility from the networknode.org?

Comment

Never, ever, ever, ever in your entire life (a couple of millenia so far, isn't it?) use that heinously poorly coded piece of excrement that is the faction editor
          I agree on that one. It's crap.

What about the edit utility from the networknode.org?
          Designed only for SMAC.
          "I'm having a sort of hard time paying attention because my automated teller has started speaking to me, sometimes actually leaving weird messages on the screen, in green lettering, like "Cause a Terrible Scene at Sotheby's" or "Kill the President" or "Feed Me a Stray Cat", and I was freaked out by the park bench that followed me for six blocks last Monday evening and it too spoke to me."
          - Patrick Bateman, American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis

Comment

How do you add faction to the smac-x pick list or otherwise load them into a game without using the add fuction in the faction editor?

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty Scaevola
              How do you add faction to the smac-x pick list or otherwise load them into a game without using the add fuction in the faction editor?
              Near the bottom of Alphax.txt is a section marked #CUSTOMFACTIONS. I believe you shove them in there, following the instructions given and the examples of the existing factions above as a guide.

Never done it myself, but that seems like the thing to do.
              The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
              Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
              All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
              "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

Working...
              X