Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you help with unit description syntax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you help with unit description syntax?

I get a little confused when in the unit design workshop or on the unit selection screen. When you look at a units stats you see, for example 6-2-1. Okay I know that is attack-defense-movement but sometimes I see the following: (( or <> or *

What do the extra parenthesis and asterisks and <> all mean??

There are some others as well.

Can anyone tell me what these mean?

( ) - indicate artillery ability
    < > - indicate Surface to air attack ability or SAM
    * - I beleive this is usually tacked on the back of the unit designation such as 6-1-2*2 meaning the unit in question a missile - non armored speeder has a fusion reactor thus meaning it has twice the hit points of a fission reactored same unit.

Og
    "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

OK, let's try to complete the list:
      t after defense value - Trance ability (50% better Psi defense)
      + after defense value - ECM ability (50% better defense against Speeder and Hovertank)
      AAA after defense value - AAA tracking (double defense against Aircraft: Noodle, Chopper, Conventional Payload)
      X after attack value - Nerve gas pods (50% better attack, atrocity unless against Aliens)
      p after attack value (I think) - Police ability (turns two drones into normal workers if police allowed)

Are there any more?
      Why doing it the easy way if it is possible to do it complicated?

Comment

~ Amphibious Pods
        ^ Drop Pods
        e empath
        ! Blink Displacer

and hey how come Miriam is the only one who gets that up-tempo music when in the design workshop ?
        Every positive value has it's price in negative terms - the genius of Einstein leads to Hiroshima.
        ---Pablo Picasso.

Comment

Thanks guys. I'll post if I see any more

Comment

< > around the attack value indicates SAM
            < > around the defense value indicates AAA
            r after attack of defense indicates their respective resonance special armour/weapon type(not a special ability) (smax only)
            sporific gas has no modifier(smax only)
            What is the modifier for wave (smax only)?
            Team 'Poly

Comment

Working...
            X