Smax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smax

i have SMAC, and i just ordered Crossfire for £6 but i dont actually know what it is/does.... if some one could help lil ol me out...
    eimi men anthropos pollon logon, mikras de sophias

Well, go get the demo, you silly boy!

Have fun...!
    Last edited by Zealot; March 11, 2002, 15:56.
    "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
    Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
    Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
    Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

It's an expansion pack requiring SMAC to play. It adds 7 new factions (5 human, 2 powerful aliens). These are:

• The Cybernetic Conciousness - a research faction

• The Free Drones - an industrial faction

• The Cult of Planet - a heavily green faction

• The Data Angels - a probe faction

• The Pirates - a sea-based militaristic faction

• The Planetary Caretakers - the eco-friendly aliens

• The Usurpers - the non-eco-friendly aliens

It introduces a few new natic life forms, the Sealurk (a mindworm sub) and the spore launcher (a mind worm artillery). Also, one or two new techs, and a bundle of new SPs (you'll love the Cloudbase Academy!) Plus, another victory route if you are the Aliens, some new pod contents and a couple of new landmarks.

Did I miss anything important?
      The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
      Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
      All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
      "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

hey cool! cant wait for it now, should get it in post by wednesday.

incidently, are any of the new leaders cute babes a la Deidre

Comment

also some other minor items

fungal towers --stationary native life that spawn worms and launchers-- can be tough to kill

(IIRC) Sea enhancements-- there are now available base facilities to add nuts, mins or energy to sea squares

whole new branch of resonance weapons that are better at psi combat
          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Even more minor: scales back HSA, increases the potential of satellites with the cloudbase academy, adds an attack=30 weapon, new armor to deal with psi attacks...
            "Remember, there's good stuff in American culture, too. It's just that by "good stuff" we mean "attacking the French," and Germany's been doing that for ages now, so, well, where does that leave us?" - Elok

Comment

Originally posted by The Andy-Man
              hey cool! cant wait for it now, should get it in post by wednesday.

incidently, are any of the new leaders cute babes a la Deidre
              Aki-Zeta 5 of the Conciousness is even better in amny people's opinions
              The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
              Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
              All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
              "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

Aki-Zeta 5 of the Conciousness is even better in amny people's opinions
                i have strange tastes, but, OO GOODY :P

Comment

Working...
                X