No announcement yet.

SMAX Guide Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hiya Rav! And thank you! I gotta admit, every once in a while, I get the almost overwhelming urge to SMAC for a while, but....so many things going on that although the game is still on my hard drive, I haven't had the time to play. ::wistful sigh::

The upshot tho, is that Velocigames is nearing having a working alpha of it's own game out, and you know....I gotta help playtest it....

-=Vel=-
    PS: as to the ordering...booksurge has been steadily improving on their order processing and delivery. Times still aren't quite as advertised (within 48 hours) but they're getting better every week....
    The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

Okay I hate to be the picky one, but in an earlier version of Vel's guide there were base improvement recommendations for each faction for each part of the game. Sister Miriam for example had the early game recommendations of: Rec. Tanks, Energy Banks, and Recreation Commons. That's been taken out of the latest versions of the guide. Why?

I for one am a pure expansionist, pure momentum player at heart, and I hate to stop building colony pods and/or impact rovers and build infrastructure. That's why I miss those recommendations, they told me what to build and when.

The problem with me is that when I start building I don't want to stop, and I start building every facilty in the book. This results in high matenice fees, some of which can hurt my play style. When I just want to push my natural talents, not second guess myself wondering which facilty to build next, and which to avoid. Got that?
      Last edited by wgabrie; March 12, 2002, 02:13.
      Don't rule me out when I'm losing. Save your celebration until after I'm gone.

Comment

GRRR! Imanaged to dowload the E-book after one day, but it's saved as an attatchment and I can't figure out how to open it. WTF am I supposed to do?

EDIT: I tried to download it again, with the default name as a .exe file, and it now tells me it's corrupted.
        Last edited by GeneralTacticus; March 12, 2002, 04:40.

Comment

Hiya Wgabrie! Hmmm....that's an excellent point. I had not realized that the recommended facility builds from the older version were something folks referenced a good deal. Ultimately, the decision stemmed from the notion that I wanted the guide to be more strategic in its nature (broader in its overall scope) than tactical (per base, or per unit in nature), so the two sections that hit hardest (outright removal) were the sections covering specific facility builds and detailed army construction (in one of the older versions, I went into MUCH more detail about exactly how to construct viable attack/defense forces, down to how many minerals of production you could reasonably tie up without degrading your position on a per base basis....decided that was just tooooo much detail).

But if you wanna, I can make sure that information is floating fairly near the surface around here...::as Vel rummages around for older copies of the guide::

General Tacticus: Shoot me your e-mail addy man, lemme see what I can do!

-=Vel=-
          The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

Working...
          X