Alien Crossfire and patches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alien Crossfire and patches

I have a P4 1.5MHZ 512MB RAM windows ME and a View Sonic VA800 flat screen with a Readon 7500 video card. I can run Alpha Centauri OK BUT NOT WITH ANY PATCHES. I can not run alien Crossfire at all. I get the same message for all : "computer can not support the program" What does all this mean and why can I only run A/C?

Try the readme file fix for cpu not supported, change a AlphaCentauri.ini file line
    ForceOldVoxelAlgorithm=0

to
    ForceOldVoxelAlgorithm=1
    Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
    Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
    "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
    From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

alien crossfire and patches

Thank you. Will this allow me to run the A/C patches and also Alein Crossfire with their patches?

Comment

A/C and patches

There is no such line in the .ini file. as Forceold Voxel etc.

Comment

No? Well there is one in mine. Are you sure you're looking in Alpha Centauri.ini and not alpha.txt? btw It's at the top.
          Hi, I'm a sig virus. Pass me on by putting me in your sig!

Comment

Patashu

Nope the .ini file is the one right above the txt file.

Comment

Re: alien crossfire and patches

Originally posted by roalan
              Thank you. Will this allow me to run the A/C patches and also Alein Crossfire with their patches?
              Asuuming you problem was only that the cpu was unrecognized by the program (P4s and Athlons commonly are not) it will fix it. This does not guarantee there or no othr confilct the come up after that stage in the program. I have seen person who could get smac or smacx to run at all on XP, and some that had not problem.
              I am not an expert on the many conflicts that smac & smacx seem to have with many drivers and programs.
              Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
              Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
              "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
              From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

a/c

The thing is I can run ALpha Cent. OK but when I add Alein Cross or ANY patches inc. Alph Cent then It will not run. Something was added to the patches and Alein Cross that was not in the original game and my computer does not recognize it.

Comment

add the line to the .ini file.

Comment

add line

That line would be ForceOldVoxelAlgorithm=1
                    and not the same with =0 am I correct?
                    I have not tried it yet but will I have to add the above line=1 etc. to Alein Crossfire .ini file or will the alpha cent. addtion cover it?

Comment

Working...
                    X