Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another strange thing..

Has anyone seen this:

You know how you pop a pod sometimes, and then you're completely surrounded by native units, including spore launchers. Sometimes you just have a couple spore launchers within two spaces of each other....

Anyway, has anyone else seen wild spore launchers kill each other in a duel, rather than shoot at you? It only seems to happen if their not adjacent to you, and their in range of each other, of course.

Well, back to the WC III beta for the day (I'm off today, but I had to come in to help with something later, so I'm playing WC3 online, as my SMAX is at home)
    Last edited by Mavfin; February 18, 2002, 11:32.
    --Mav

Yes, I've seen it. I think a lot of the vets on this board have, but I'm not entirely sure anyone came up with a plausible explanation.

Care to prove me wrong, Googlie, Blake, MariOne?
    The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
    Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
    All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
    "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

My explanation: bad programming.

Comment

Originally posted by RedFred
        My explanation: bad programming.
        Ok, call that the default explanation . I meant no plausible explanation within the stated game mechanics.
        The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
        Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
        All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
        "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

I have seen it, but I just thought it was two wild animals fighting each other as if for a territory or a mate. But come to think of it, it's completely insane to have such a thing in the game. :confused;
          Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

I've also seen it happen a number of times, and like Kass, I just rationalized it as two wild worms fighting it out in the fungus. Never gave it a second thought

Comment

Working...
            X