No announcement yet.

How Old Are You?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I probably should have emphasised that the statistics I gave were the age distribution. If you graphed my figures as a histograph the area would acurrately represent the distribution of ages, while if you graphed the poll results directely you would get an almost entirely meaningless graph (altough, such graphs do turn up, because they are technically correct and potentially misleading - usfull for when you need to lie with statistics).

So, the poll results are correct, but they are also misleading.
    For example, you could easily be forgiven for making a conclusion like "There are more 40 year olds than 20 year olds on AC-G/H/S" (on the basis of 20%, 29% respective), altough said conclusion is entirely inaccurate.

Or, IOW, the poll results are correct, but lie

Comment

I'd be interested to see your math. (I'm an engineer; I can handle it.)
      "I love justice, I hate iniquity. It is not my pleasure that the lower suffer injustice because of the higher." - Darius I, 550-486 BC

Comment

Hey, I just copied the age ranges that the one poster mentioned they used for the Civ III poll - I wanted to be consistent with that poll. The bigger problem with this poll, is that if you're 50 you're not allowed to vote.

Comment

Working...
        X