SMAC Forum Age Survey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMAC Forum Age Survey

I've heard that Civilization players are considerably older than those who primarily play SMAC. I think it would be interesting to find out the average age of SMACer. Hope this hasn't been done anytime soon.

Apolyton Administration is running an age survey at Apolyton/Community:Apolyton AGE Survey

So far the results are:

Under 11 0 0%
    11-17 19 12.84%
    18-24 63 42.57%
    25-34 37 25.00%
    35-49 25 16.89%
    Over 50 4 2.70%

total 148
    "I'm having a sort of hard time paying attention because my automated teller has started speaking to me, sometimes actually leaving weird messages on the screen, in green lettering, like "Cause a Terrible Scene at Sotheby's" or "Kill the President" or "Feed Me a Stray Cat", and I was freaked out by the park bench that followed me for six blocks last Monday evening and it too spoke to me."
    - Patrick Bateman, American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis

I somehow missed hitting the poll option and I can't even delete the post because I'm supposedly not logged in even though I am
    "I'm having a sort of hard time paying attention because my automated teller has started speaking to me, sometimes actually leaving weird messages on the screen, in green lettering, like "Cause a Terrible Scene at Sotheby's" or "Kill the President" or "Feed Me a Stray Cat", and I was freaked out by the park bench that followed me for six blocks last Monday evening and it too spoke to me."

Comment

Make another thread, no matter how annoying it can be, at least gives you a bigger post count!
      ... This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality...
      ... Pain is an illusion...

Comment

We could just go for a manual poll. I'm 34.
        (+1)

Comment

dp
          (+1)

Comment

But that would disclose information some people would like to keep private! I for instance would like to see how many people are there in each group WITHOUT actually disclosing my age. It may seem a lot to ask but privacy is privacy!
            ... This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality...
            ... Pain is an illusion...

Comment

C'mon, Cybergod. What does it matter if people know your age? Maybe we should post pictures of ourselves as we would like people to think that we look.

I'm 33.

Why is it that only those in their early 30's are willing to disclose?
              "I'm so happy I could go and drive a car crash!"
              "What do you mean do I rape strippers too? Is that an insult?"
              - Pekka

Comment

46 for my current incarnation. Pretty old bunch of gezers so far.
                Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

OK. I scewed up the poll . But what do you expect from Chieftain?

I guess we can go manual then. And you can "see how many people are there in each group WITHOUT actually disclosing my age" Cybergod. Just don't say it. Although some people might feel that you're just a drone for not telling us your age

I'm 18...and I feel young in here! Have to love this forum...

Comment

I'm 40 years old.
                    He's got the Midas touch.
                    But he touched it too much!
                    Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Yeehaw!

I haven't been able to post (don't know why) for several days.

I'm 29 - below the average (on this thread atleast)
                      I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

The average is (after 6 posts) 33 years. I knew Civ genre was for mature gamers, but I had no idea . No wonder why is this such a civilized place to discuss, no adolescent influence...except Shai-Hulud

Comment

Oh, yeah, thanks Like adolescents are permanently immature. Well to you too.

In case that didn't give you a clue, I'm 16.
                          "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

Originally posted by SMAC Fanatic
                            Oh, yeah, thanks Like adolescents are permanently immature.
                            Yes, we are! I'm 37, and my wife says I'm still immature!

Anyways, I saw the age poll skewing in the wrong direction from me, so I thought I'd bump it back in my direction a little bit....

Comment

Average is now 31.625

Well, every forum needs few adolescents SMAC Fanatic. Let's get immature

Comment

Working...
                              X