Vendetta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vendetta

I just bought SMAC a couple of weeks ago and thus have a relativly basic question...how do I start a Vendetta without ruining my reputation???

It seems that I cannot pronounce a vendetta from a diplomatic standpoint and thus always end up starting one by attacking an opponent.

How do I renounce a treaty or truce so that I can attack without looking like the bad guy??? (I know how to get out of a pact - but that's all)

Thanks in advance for any help...
    'I believe in Peace, *****'
    - Tori Amos

The best way to shed a restrictive treaty is to goad the faction leader into declaring vendetta on you. If their mood is negative (e.g. – ambivalent to seething) call them up and demand that they withdraw their troops. Most of the time they will say no and declare vendetta. You can also try making totally unreasonable demands, such as large $$ of energy credits, a base, or technology. Beware though – they might just give in (like the time about MY 2110 and I demanded that Miriam give her second base to me – and she did!), especially if you are much more powerful than they are.

Try it out. It may be sneaky but these techniques usually work.

Hydro

Comment

Also, I believe if they refuse to speak to you, you can right click on the faction name in the comm area and you will get an option to declare vendetta or break treaty.

Comment

Originally posted by Yxklyx
        Also, I believe if they refuse to speak to you, you can right click on the faction name in the comm area and you will get an option to declare vendetta or break treaty.
        In the version I've got, at least, you only get the option to demand withdrawl. Of course this can work too, (esp. of they haven't got any troops in your territory), but it's not the same.

Comment

I only have the demand a withdraw option as well...but it seems to work like a charm in order to have the opposition start something!

In my twisted, hockey obsesed, Canadian mind the phrase 'demand withdrawal' = 'wanna go?'

I'll make a guess that the vendetta option is avaliable in SMAX???
          - Tori Amos

Comment

No, I think I was wrong - only Demand Withdrawal is in SMAX.

Comment

If you cannot get them declare vendetta on you, send a probe team to steal tech from them. This will piss them off 90% of the time and they will declare vendetta, even if you are way bigger them, even if there boiscan was blue..... but this WILL NOT affect you rating, keeping it noble.
              I have seen the truth, and it makes no sense.

Comment

if you have a treaty signed, move some millitary units into your enemy's base grids. Soon he is going to demand you withdraw your troops. Reject the demand and keep staying there. Eventually, he is going to declare vendetta, which will degrade his reputation. ha-ha.

Ask them to give you bases, energy or technolgies, or renounce the treaty.

Comment

Hard to believe someone having problems at declaring Vendetta...Could someone please tell me how NOT to get into Vendetta
                  "I'm having a sort of hard time paying attention because my automated teller has started speaking to me, sometimes actually leaving weird messages on the screen, in green lettering, like "Cause a Terrible Scene at Sotheby's" or "Kill the President" or "Feed Me a Stray Cat", and I was freaked out by the park bench that followed me for six blocks last Monday evening and it too spoke to me."
                  - Patrick Bateman, American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis

Comment

Um...get genetic surgery so as not to be a 100-metre long sandworm? You'd be less intimidating...

With some factions it's impossible to never be at Vendetta - Miriam and Yang are almost certain to declare war at some point, and it's the same with the aliens. Actually, especially true with the aliens. You can't be friends with both, and you end up friends with neither.

Ugh.
                    "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

It was a rhetorical question, but thanks anyway

Um...get genetic surgery so as not to be a 100-metre long sandworm? You'd be less intimidating...
                      Did you know that in the deep desert sandworms can actually grow over 400 metres long?
                      "I'm having a sort of hard time paying attention because my automated teller has started speaking to me, sometimes actually leaving weird messages on the screen, in green lettering, like "Cause a Terrible Scene at Sotheby's" or "Kill the President" or "Feed Me a Stray Cat", and I was freaked out by the park bench that followed me for six blocks last Monday evening and it too spoke to me."

Comment

They have deserts in Finland???

I know they put out some pretty good hockey players but 400 meter sandworms???
                        - Tori Amos

Comment

They have deserts in Finland???
                          Deserts of ice, these days. Perhaps one should look for iceworms. Mindworms?
                          Why doing it the easy way if it is possible to do it complicated?

Comment

I know they put out some pretty good hockey players
                            Some VERY good hockey players

Comment

Working...
                            X