No announcement yet.

Cornering Energy Market

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah yes, I had 5 and the AI had 0 Orbital Power Transmitters. Maybe it has an effect. Can I destroy my own satellites to see if it increases the Cornering Cost?

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoose
      I believe your commerce rating has a large effect on the total cost. Had you discovered a 'commerce tech' between the first, more expensive, attempt and the second? That could explain the direction of change in cost.

After three years, I STILL don't know how the cost is actually determined.
      M O N G O O S E !!!

Is that you!?!?!?!
      Resurfaced after... 18 months you disappeared from the SMAC community!
      We have still the Hunchbacks with Knives pbem waiting on you an Vel!

: insert jubilating smiley here :

hope you're now thriving with your new home, new job, new relations, functioning & stable phone connection, and your pack of dogs!
      I don't exactly know what I mean by that, but I mean it (Holden Caulfield)

Comment

The cost to to corner the energy market is proportional to the sum of the dominance values of the other factions. If they grow weaker the cost is reduced. I have noted a serios bug for this, but it should not have afected your game. The dominence value have a mximun level and rolls over when a faction reaches around 200 to 400 bases (depending on other factors that go into it. Normaly this will only be the human player in a single player game. When it rolls over the cost for the AI to corner the market will drops from hundres of thousand to a few credits and then start climbing again. If you are plaaning a hughe empire for some reason or experiment in sp play, you must disable economic victory. In you case someting must have change the dominence value for the other faction, or perhaps some other part of the algorithim that calculates it broke.
        Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
        Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
        "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
        From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

What if the difference in commerce value has a large effect? How can I determine the other factions' commerce value? In scenario mode?

Comment

you only had 5 Orbital Power Transmitters? Usually when I have ability to build Transmitters, I build until I reach 25 at least. I use 3 bases to build them and 'buy' production each turn. This give me a lot of energy credits and i can simply buy more stuff even as the Hives.

I used to think the +1 mineral satllite thingy (<--hahah don't know the name) is better, until I tried out I loved Transmitters much more.

Comment

I had other things to build and was worried about those flares that destroy all your satellites. Didn't want to make to much of an investment.

Comment

MoSe,

Maybe this is the elusive North American Mongoose. They are known to hibernate for extended periods of time...

Sure has been a long winter, buddy. Drop me a line. iamjamiam@yahoo.com

Comment

I hardly pay attention to randon events, and i have not see flare event.

well I recommend to try out these satllites. You may discover stuff.

Comment

Working...
                  X