Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Creation Affected By Faction Played?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Creation Affected By Faction Played?

In SP, I use the Make Random World option - I don't specify any parameters other than Standard Size planet. Maybe I've just been lucky but usually when I play I land right next to one or none other factions. In my last two games as the Believers though, I've landed next to three other factions (who are quickly disposed of). Also, I've seen some pretty horrible water-less worlds created but whenever the Pirates are in the game the world has plenty of nice coastal areas. So, does the faction you play affect the world that is created?

Icks Clicks,

With the exception of water starts for the Pirates, I think the initial seeding location of factions is a kinda random thing. OTOH, more often than not tho' you find yourself with a couple contenders local to you which is great if your a momentum faction like Miriam but bad news if your someone like Morgan.

The most indirect but somewhat effective means to influence the proximity of your nearest neighboring faction is via world settings. Namely % water and map size. More water means less land mass and more chance of being stranded by yourself on an island/continent. Large map size is kinna obvious.

The ability for the AI to have omniscient insight into your base locations and military force disposition tho' seems in my mind to make the AI more likely to expand and scout(read bother you) towards you.

Og
    "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Working...
    X