Bureacracy Bug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bureacracy Bug?

O.K. it seems to me that the drones caused by Bureaucracy don't go away if you give bases away. Bug?
    Last edited by Yxklyx; January 25, 2002, 16:00.

IIRC Ned and/or Blake expounded this matter deeply.
    Search for it.

BTW, if you rebuild the bases, do the new fill in the gap taking the same place in the count the old ones held, or do the dead ghost bases keep incresing the actual total forever?
    I don't exactly know what I mean by that, but I mean it (Holden Caulfield)

Comment

Except that has anyone noticed that the Search function here at Apolyton no longer returns posts from other than this year. I think this problem started after the last extended downtime. If I search for "Drones" the earliest post is from Jan 4 2002.

Comment

Yx, I think that search malfunctions randomly due to server traffic, I just scooped up Helium Pond's "Consensus on Cheating" link using the search function.

IIRC the thread about the subject was no earlier than this fall, maybe it was appended to the comments after the publication of revised EcoDamage formula...
        I don't exactly know what I mean by that, but I mean it (Holden Caulfield)

Comment

Yes, I've noticed that I couldn't seem to find anything, but I don't think that I've ever been able to find anything

I recall starting a new base and being just over the B-Limit, got an extra drone in one of my earlier bases. Then, I happened to lose the base to MWs, but the B-Drone didn't go away (I'm pretty sure that it didn't get subtracted anywhere else either). Later, I built a new base on the very same site (the 1st new base since the MWs struck), but that one did not trigger any more extra drones (I would have been really mad if it had!); of course, Ned's theory would not necessarily require an extra drone for each new base, so maybe I wouldn't have gotten an extra drone on the next base if I still had the original. Naturally, I didn't analyze the situation in Ned's detail, so I don't know whether or not the situation had self-corrected or if I was still carrying around an extra drone from then on but I definitely didn't lose the original extra drone when the base that triggered it went away.

Comment

Working...
          X