No announcement yet.

to be or not to be

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My preferred victory is Diplomatic, and all the better if shared .
    I more often end up Transcending . I won't turn the option off, because I would enjoy it if another faction would Transcend before (and without) me.
    I pursue diplomacy (no matter which faction I am) while building my country (I rarely become anything near an empire), researching whatever tech looks pretty at the moment (but not necessarily frivolous). If someone declares vendetta and isn't adjacent or particularly close , I comm them every turn until they tire of me and offer terms of truce . If they aren't absolutely outrageous , I accept and go on about my more important internal affairs .
    I am on a mission to see how much coffee it takes to actually achieve time travel.

Comment

I always try to go for a transcendance vistory, but about halfway through the game some AI or another launches an unprovoked attack on my empire, thus making it my duty to wipe them off the face of planet. Sooner or later, all the AIs do this, and before i know it i have wiped them all out.
      "Remember, there's good stuff in American culture, too. It's just that by "good stuff" we mean "attacking the French," and Germany's been doing that for ages now, so, well, where does that leave us?" - Elok

Comment

Bloody Conquest

Depends on if its MP or SP in MP

SP i find Transcendance far to easy even on transcendance difficulty. Besides,after building the prelimary project for ascent the massive fungal blooms ruin my beautiful beautiful lovley builder empire. Being Morgan,i also play with economic victory off,because its far to easy. Diplo victories are anticlimatic i think,besides its more satisfying to march and torch everything

Comment

IMHO, economic victory is virtually impossible on harder level of the game.

unless of course if u capture most of the cities or bomb them into fungus, then wait 20 years until you corner the market. You might as well as win by conquest.

Comment

Transcendence...who'da thunk it with a name like Killjoy?

Being a 'builder' by nature though, and playing on large-to-huge maps mostly, I find that a bloody conquest victory is just far too slow and frustrating! Moving all your units to the far reaches of the planet, maintaining those supply lines, and sending in reinforcements, just to engage and hopefully conquer a few enemy factions!?! Too much effort that I can't be bothered to deal with.

I prefer to focus on;
            my faction's overall expansion and growth (I may have to conquer one or two factions in the early stages, though that's usual it for the rest of the game),
            each individual base's infrastructure,
            maximizing energy production,
            strategic terraforming, and
            solidfying a flexible and versatile faction-wide defense

All this in order push the envelope on my tech lead, and get to transcendence that much faster!!

And if any rival faction comes nosing around, looking for trouble I'm usually capable of taking the battle back to them (and hopefully expanding my influence a bit further).

But transcendence is always my focus. Makes for a faster, less arduous game IMHO.

Cheers

Comment

Economic Victory

I play Morgan almost exclusivley,my whole play style is about getting credits credits and more credits. ive managed to get up to 9k credits Per Turn on Transcend. To bad i dont have the save game still

Comment

Working...
              X