AI Aircraft Bug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AI Aircraft Bug?

The Drones have built bombers with a range of 14 and fighters with a range of 11. How was that done? I know they don't have the tech for fuel nano fuel cells. Does the Cloudbase Academy (which they have) give +2 movement as well? Also, they moved a dozen or so of these long range bombers next to my city without attacking. I surrounded them completely with fighters and bombers so they couldn't return to base - I emptied the base so they wouldn't attack it. Next turn they're still alive - my planes have to return to base and they all return home. What's up with that? Bug?

Yup, the CA gives +2 movement to aircraft.

As to the AIs planes being able to hang in mid air:

Yes, I have heard of this happening before(I think I may have seen it too). I have also seen them crash, because I had a unit in the way. I think it may have to do with, do they *try* to get home. If there is no place to move, and they *know* they cannot get home, they may just hang. On the other hand, if they think they can get home, and something unexpected comes up, then they crash. (And a stack of 20, will crash one after the other, exactly following the same track).

I hope someone else has something more definite to add.
    Team 'Poly

Comment

I've heard that planes that are on "auto" may do things like that sometimes (and if anything uses "auto" a lot, I suppose that it would be the AI) and I've seen my own planes on "patrol" do that too - it looks like they just use up all your movement and then stop where it runs out (I wasn't trying to do it, it just happened - for what it is worth, they passed through a base frequently enough, just didn't stop there). I would hope that these are bugs (but if they were bugs I would have hoped that they would have been fixed too).

Comment

Working...
      X