Weird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird

How come I get orbital flight and nukes before carriers? This is totally unrealistic! Is there a way for me to modify the game and make all of the naval special abilities available once Doctrine Mobility is researched?

Just starting a new thread to save the forum from dying ;-)

Yes there is. Open the file alpha.txt (for SMAC) or alphax.txt (for SMAX) and scroll through until you find the special abilities list. Then change the prerequisite. Not that the prereq is probably the shorthand name for the tech involved, so you may have to crossreference the tech portion of the file to find the shorthand name for the tech you want to use. I would suggest Doctrine: Initiative as a *logical* tech to use instead, although that might be a little too early in the game.

Important: Make a copy of the file somewhere else both before and after you make the edit, and if you play Multi-player, be sure to replace the original file before you take your turn.

I personally have copied all the *.txt files into a seperate folder called "original txt", since I modify them extensively, and a seperate folder called mods for each set of mods I do. Then I just copy the originals back into the main ac folder before playing, just in case I forgot after playing a mod game. It's all about being organized.
    Fitz. (n.) Old English
    1. Child born out of wedlock.
    2. Bastard.

Comment

Working...
    X