Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Adalbertus
    ))

For those in doubt: The big craters like the one of Mexico is due to the big mass of a meteorite of several kilometers in diameter. So, even from physical reasons I would doubt that Garland crater is from Unity or Captain Garland falling on Planet.

Conclusion: Look for its existence beforehand
    Spot on !!

The Instruction Manual that omes with the game (on p.44) says (my bolding):

Garland Crater:

Some thousands of years ago, a massive object crashed into Planet, leaving this vast crater. The rare and valuable remnants of the original object remain in the crater, giving the squares inside a +1 mineral bonus

G.

Comment

Originally posted by RedFred
      Not sure I follow the General. I have never noticed any special restrictions for building bases inside the Garland Crater. Unless he is talking about the lava dome on top of Mt. Planet, but I never have been successful building there.
      Oops, my mistake. I meant the crater on top of the volcano. You can only build there if it's rolling not rocky (which means that you can't on the offical Map of Planet ). Sometimes the mountain top is rolling, so you can put a base there, but other times it's rocky, and you can't. It's also impossible to level terrain at the top, so if the top is rocky, you can't change that.

Comment

I once recovered a pod in the volcano crater which resulted in an earthquake which made the then dormant volacano-top habitable.
        Every positive value has it's price in negative terms - the genius of Einstein leads to Hiroshima.
        ---Pablo Picasso.

Comment

Cool!

I'll look at the terrain next time I snag Mt. Planet, General. What a great spot for a city with all those bonuses around. A little warm but the view has to be the best.

Comment

Working...
          X