No announcement yet.

This is pitiful; we need more threads!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is pitiful; we need more threads!

Especially cogent, insightful, direct-to-the-point threads such as this one .

You raised a very important point for all of us on this forum. I suggest we should start to raise funds in order to finance more threads. We should pay in our preferred currency: Energy credits. Here is my contribution:

(1) (1) (1) (2) (1)

Why doing it the easy way if it is possible to do it complicated?

Comment

Another great way to start a discussion is to give a bunch of inaccurate or just plain wrong information:

Running naked through the trees will drain your energy reserves.

You cannot garrison elite units with very green ones in the same base. The elite units are just too snobbish to associate with the new recruits.

Never build a mag tube straight down Mt. Planet. Your units will pick up too much speed going down and they will crash at the bottom.

A single shot can wipe out your opponent's Death Sphere if it hits in precisely the right spot to cause a nuclear chain reaction.

Your port and sea bases are more prone to drone riots because everyone hates eating that much kelp.

Comment

I think that the most provocative SMAC threads have been the ones that say "I find that Supply Crawlers are not worth building. Has anybody managed to find a use for them?"
        "I'm so happy I could go and drive a car crash!"
        "What do you mean do I rape strippers too? Is that an insult?"
        - Pekka

Comment

????

What are you TALKING about, MattBoy!? Supply Crawlers really ARE useless! Pah! You don't *actually* waste your minerals building those little funky looking guys, do you?

Same with Terraformers! HA! Now there's a laugh! Little greenish frog-looking thing....useless unit! (tho I've heard that if you build the "Fungal Gin Distillery" base improvement, you can get your former-crews drunk, whereupon they become heinous attackers!)

Choppers! Oh! Don't even get me started on choppers! TALK about not carrying their weight! As if the possibility of the OTHER guy hurting and possibly killing your choppers, these silly units take damage EVERY FREAKIN TURN you don't land them in a base! Trust me....build nothing but NeedleJets....longer range, and they DON'T take damage when you leave them outside!

Stop wasting your money on those useless units and build something REALLY cool, like a Fungicidal Missile Foil or something!

-=Vel=-
          The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

Wow! Even Vel's appearance didn't increase the activity. We must have lost a lot of people to The Great Apolyton Winter Server Break. Or they are all playing Civ3.

Don't worry. From what I have heard about Civ3, they'll all be coming back here sooner or later.

Comment

CIV3? Yeah, that got old very fast, and it never ran very well on my computer anyway.
              And for a couple of days there I thought this board was just gone. Glad it came back.

And yes your supply crawlers are best used for exploring the fungus, so you dont lose any valuable units in there. Also, your needlejets are much more effective if you put as much armour as possible on them.
              "Nine out of ten voices in my head CAN'T be wrong, can they?"

Comment

Wow the old gang still kicking 'round the SMAX forums!

By the by Unca Red, its not building mag tubes at bottom of Mount Planet thats the issue, its allowing a mag tube to terminate at a borehole that's the issue. All your units end up getting sucked into planet core. Hotsy totsy that one is. Matter of fact I may just start a new thread explaining the virtues of using noodlejets to bomb mag tubes around the boreholes so that the artificial idiot will send his lemmings to the center of the planet.

By the way does anyone still make colony pods? I never saw much use for them.

Good to see some familiars hanging round.

Regards,

Og
                "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Wow! Vel and O-O, and in the same thread no less. Reminds me of the good old days. Will zsozso be the next one to reappear?

Good to see you Ogie.

...and by the way I do build colony pods. You can armor them to make a real good sentry unit.

Comment

What's the sense in building police ? There's no donut shop . Last thing we need is cranky cops .
                    I am on a mission to see how much coffee it takes to actually achieve time travel.

Comment

Originally posted by RedFred
                      Wow! Vel and O-O, and in the same thread no less. Reminds me of the good old days. Will zsozso be the next one to reappear?
                      Wouldn't you content of me?
                      I don't exactly know what I mean by that, but I mean it (Holden Caulfield)

Comment

Oh! The Donut-Dinette! Base Imrovement! I'm loving it!

Mari! You old codger! Sheesh...this feels like a reunion! WhooooHooooo!

-=Vel=-
                        The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

Don't worry. Your plea has been heard. I just added 2 new threads.
                          'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
                          G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

'Course there's always the hitherto unmentioned tactic ...

Human factions can build the six subspace generators and summon the Alien Battlefleet to hasten humankind's own extinction

That's really cool

Googlie

Comment

I personally prefer to ram a planet buster into a unit right next to my capital.
                              "Beauty is not in the face...Beauty is a light in the heart." - Kahlil Gibran
                              "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves" - Victor Hugo
                              "It is noble to be good; it is still nobler to teach others to be good -- and less trouble." - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                              X