No announcement yet.

choosing your own tech to research problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Misunderstanding - the thread I was referring to was not the one T-Hawk recommended, but another one from the AC-General forum mentioned by Kirnwaffen and MariOne. It was a masterful dissertation and discussion on what caused this precisely, and I think it came up with a sem-definitive answer.

I believe Blake was involved (but I could be wrong), so he might be a decent person to check if they've got a copy saved somewhere.
    The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
    Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
    All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
    "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

And I have now found said thread, by searching for every single post I've ever made, and checking the last page... I shall bump it.
      The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
      Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
      All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
      "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

Thanks, Chowlett, for the "resurrect" on the other thread related to this question.

There is a great deal of mathematics involved in the exploration of this question, and I have to admit that it's beyond my understanding. For practical purposes, I'll agree with johndmuller and say the key component to this is the 3 point cycle - two on one off - and knowing when I can skip a tech and expect to see it again.

I would, though, like to see if we can answer RedFred's question about starting techs and the first tech choice changing in MP games due to the scenario editor. In two four-player MP games that I've played recently, I've not had my usual starting tech choices. This seems trivial, but as the Angels I like to research CentEc first, and when it was not available it had a serious negative affect on my strategy. Same with not getting Biogenetics as Morgan (an even more serious problem!).
        "Don't Panic!" - The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Comment

Working...
        X