No Missile Launcher Sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Missile Launcher Sound

I've noticed with SMAX that the Missile Launcher sound is gone - it's always silent. Any workaround?

I did a search and this is all i came up with! Goddammit! Does anyone know how to get the missile sounds to work (if it's possible).

Comment

Also the music is always the same in SMAX, where it changed depending on who you were in SMAC (the Spartans had the cool military drumming in the background). There was a thread on how to change the music back but I think it's gone with all the other older threads, and I can't remember how to change the music myself. The missle launcher thing is a similar problem. I think there's something in the alpha.txt to change but I dunno what it is. I'm sure someone around here knows how to fix this.
      "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

I've tried setting eax=0 but that hasn't worked. I've also messed around with the direct acceleration thingy to no avail. Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

All the necessary files seem to be there. There is a 'wpn missile launcher.wav' file in the fx folder. It's just a matter of getting the game to play it. I'm also fairly certain that the *.amb files in the fx directory control the music. Renaming them might change the music around. If anyone has any more info it would much be appreciated.
          "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

I have the same problem doesn't know why, but I have it...
            What do I care about your suffering? Pain, even agony, is no more than information before the senses, data fed to the computer of the mind. The lesson is simple: you have received the information, now act on it. Take control of the input and you shall become master of the output.

Comment

Re: No Missile Launcher Sound

Yxklyx wondered:
              I've noticed with SMAX that the Missile Launcher sound is gone - it's always silent. Any workaround?
              Here's a very wild guess since I don't have SMAX:
              Can you identify the correct .wav in the SMAC \FX folder? Is it missing from the corresponding SMAX folder? If you copy it there will it work?
              I am on a mission to see how much coffee it takes to actually achieve time travel.

Comment

The missle launcher sound isn't related to a missing file. It comes from a missing reference to the file somewhere. After looking around more I fear it might be hardcoded into the game which means fix = never.

I did find something kinda funny while looking at this. If you replace the 'opening menu.wav' file in the fx directory you can have the game play any music you want when it starts. Just make sure the wav file is the same quality.

Comment

Working...
                X